This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauptwerk with Johannus Sweeklinck

I am a newby and know nothing about midi. I have a 1x1 midi usb cable and would like to play Hauptwerk (free edition) through my Johannus organ. Is that possible? The organ console has Midi mod, midi in, midi out, I do not have a sequencer. I hooked up the midi and the organ console keyboard will play the Hauptwerk St. Ann organ only through the laptop speakers. How can I get the Hauptwerk to play through my organ console speakers? Do I need more equipment? Thanks, Mark

Re: Hauptwerk with Johannus Sweeklinck

Hi Mark,</p>

From what I understand, there isn't an easy way to get your own signal to the console speakers. I'm sure it could be done but you'd probably end up gutting the console in the process. Generally, the console is used as a MIDI controller and a separate sound system is connected to the Hauptwerk output. You'll need an audio interface (something along the lines of an Echo AudioFire or a Focusrite Saffire [LE]) and either some headphones or a sound system.</p>

Hope this helps!</p>

Rob
    </p>

Comment

My Viscount organ has a Input thingy which allows you to put a lead from the headphone socket in the computer into the organ. Check to see if your organ has that too.</p>

Usually a set of good quality computer speaker systems will do it too.
      </p>

Comment

Like hauptwerkobsessed sez, most organs have a stereo line input; andbarring that,usually a set of good quality computer speaker systems will do it too.</P>

The aforementioned computer amplifier/speaker systemsnotonly offer great sound, but they are inexpensive for what you get. I am very pleased with the Logitech Z-2300system I have attached to my computer: lots of audio power, goodclean highs, and a subwoofer quite capable of shaking your organ bench. [:)]</P>

Creative, the Sound Blaster people also make some good <U>sounding</U>systems; but the associated electronics are pathetically primitive, andhave a reputation for going up insmoke a week after the one year warranty expires. [:S] Mine did that. Although I wouldn't normally have any problem tracking down the fault on a conventional piece of electronic equipment, I was astoundedby the primitive 'technology' Creative uses. The circuit boards looked like they were assembled by hand somewhere in the remote jungles of Unga Bunga Boyia as some sort of bizzare experimental project. In addition to the globbysoldering job, there were bigglobs of glue gun stuff all over theboard,perhaps intentionally, preventing either analysis orrepair. I would never ever again touch a Creative product.[:(]
        </P>
        2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

Thanks! I looked at the midi installed on my Sweeklinck 27 and it has midi in midi out midi mod, and headphones jack, and audio "in R and L" and "audio out R and L". Maybe I will try and see if the laptop headphones out jack will output to my audio in R and L on the organ. IF that works, I could get a higher end sound card for my desktop and run Hauptwerk that way. I havegreat Johannus external speakers that would really bring the house down with Hauptwerk. Thanks for th reply.</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Mark</P>

Comment

OK... it worked. Using the auidio inputs to the organ from the headphone jack on the laptop....with some distortion\ at higher volume, but it does sound good and I can have both organs playing at the same time. Talk abouta fantasticsound! WOW! Now I will try it with my desk top which has a much better sound card. Thanks for the suggestion.</P>

Mark</P>

Comment

Mark,</P>

Soundsas if you have conquered the major issue: Gettingsound to go in one end and come outthe other! The rest is merely a matter of tweaking; and not a big surprise that your laptop doesn't have magnificent sound capabilities.</P>

I am really going have to get intothe Hauptwerk thingy one of these days. I have complete midi control on my organ with midi tabs, midi in/out, along with a bunch of audio in/out jacks. Sounds like fun! [:)]</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
              2008: Phoenix III/44

Comment

Working...
              X