X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up....

Heres kind of a review...

A Yamaha PSS-460 Stereo PCM Synthesizer for a whole $3.00 the other day.
    I an struck with pure AMAZEMENT on how good this 20-year-old piece of equipment actually sounds. I can get quite a realistic Wurlitzer 200A out of it, and A great pop organ. Just set the sliders or modify a preset waveform and off you go.
    This board has a surprising low end, It does not round off at all.

Downside: Mini sized keys.... And its not an organ
    Plus-side: 3 whole octaves of'em on a board thats less than 2.5 feet wide!

Three bucks.... I had no excuse not to buy it.

Re: Just picked up....

Isn't it just great fun to find something like your Yamaha synth? I just picked up a brand new violin at Goodwill for just $19.95. I don't play, but I thought if nothing else, I can use it as an objet d'art! It had never been taken out of the case. I had to discover the bridge, and I also noticed that the rosin block was untouched. The box says it's a "Harmony Symphonic Violin", made in China. Does anyone know anything about them?

Hope you will have as much fun with the synth, Organgrinder, as I will with the violin.

Comment

I'm told that that's the alias that Strad....(mental block) used. Maybe you could attach it to the organ. Wasn't there some kind of mechanical violin on some organs?

Comment

You know, I have a keyboard just like this! A little different, but almost the same. Mine has a display that tells you which tone your on.

Hmm, I'll need to pull it out of the closet and see if it still plays.

I always liked the demo button as a kid

Comment

For anyone that cares, I made a few audio samples of just some of the effects and sounds you gan get. I like this thing

Click here to hear 'Yamaha-Samples'
          (1.4 Mb)

Comment

Working...
          X