No announcement yet.

Computer for VPO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I've narrowed down my choice of which computer I may buy. Its an i7 4 core 16 GB, expandable to 64 GB, with a 512GB SSD HD. It will only be loaded with Windows 10 Pro.....no other bloatware or security ware will be on it. It is somewhat difficult to find computers that are expandable beyond 16GB. I'm just wondering if Windows 10 Pro might be an issue?
    Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

Comment

Windows 10 Pro is fine for a VPO. The differences vs Win 10 Home are related to the ability to remotely manage the PC and to allow it to join domains, etc. So if the Pro version is needed for a particular networking requirement then go for it. I'm not aware of any advantages or disadvantages relative to running a VPO.

16GB, expandable to 64GB, is a great feature if you find it.
      http://www.kinkennon.com

Comment

So I went ahead and purchased the computer. Now for the multi channel midi / audio unit. Man, so many to chose from
        Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

Comment

Originally posted by Hamman View Post
          So I went ahead and purchased the computer. Now for the multi channel midi / audio unit. Man, so many to chose from
          Any pro brand will work fine. Again, no reason to overthink...nothing wrong in going for bang for the buck with a name brand unit.
          FWIW: I would opt NOT to get an M-Audio converter. Not because of the quality...but rather in EVERY one I have ever used, the signal output was very low.

I currently use a Presonus with 16 discreet outputs (I only use 8) and have found it to be excellent.
          1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
          Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
          Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
          New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Comment

Working...
          X