• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Conversion - Baldwin 640

Darrell Fitzgerald

Home: Baldwin 640 - Drawknob Console

Church: Allen Renaissance R230 - Drawknob Console

Hi, Darrell - I'm an amateur around here - still rubbing my rear from falling off the turnip truck - but I'm interested in what you are up to with this. I have an Allen that I'd like to MIDIfy, but without disabling the organ. Actually the organ is not working yet, but some progress is happening, and it'll work sooner or later. Please look at the first or second page in my Allen TC-4 thread linked below in my sig for ONE WAY to install a MIDI system in a console organ.

Also, how about a photo or two of the back of the organ that shows the keying method and connection points? Allen made it pretty easy - each key in one terminal in a long strip. How Baldwin does it will make your project easy or hard.
    Last edited by Silken Path; 07-29-2018, 05:24 PM.
    -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project, 1899 Kimball project
    -- Organs: Rodgers W5000C, Juno DS-61/88, FA-06, Conn 643, Hammond M3, E112, and L-102
    -- Pianos: 1906 M. Schulz, 1929 Brambach, 1952 Poole, 1979 Samick (console)

Comment

Thanks for responding to my thread. I enjoyed reading your journey into the world of Midi conversion. Mine is just getting started. My hope is to get this old girl up and playing again.
      Darrell Fitzgerald

Home: Baldwin 640 - Drawknob Console

Church: Allen Renaissance R230 - Drawknob Console

Comment

Hi, Darrell - I guess you understood that I was being ironic about that being a way to do MIDI. I bet your installation will be a lot neater.
        -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project, 1899 Kimball project
        -- Organs: Rodgers W5000C, Juno DS-61/88, FA-06, Conn 643, Hammond M3, E112, and L-102
        -- Pianos: 1906 M. Schulz, 1929 Brambach, 1952 Poole, 1979 Samick (console)

Comment

Working...
        X