This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent

I have a question which I'm sure will be answered here but is perplexing me.

Looking at adding a few extras to my recently purchased Hammond XE200, the neo ventilator is holding my interest. My question is how is it wired in. I guess it is between the line in and out of the organ. Leslie off on the organ of course but what about the rhythm and orchestral voices as I would not want these to be channelled through the vent. I'm assuming that the 11 pin leslie socket offers the solution but if correct, is there a kit or something available? Any experience appreciated please. Thanks.

There is an 11 pin to Vent cable that you can buy. I made my own when I had a Hammond XK3. From an 11 pin male plug you have a mono ts jack for signal, a stereo trs jack for speed control and the power supply 12 volt cable goes in and back out from the ale plug to provide Leslie sensing voltage.

http://www.neo-instruments.de/en/ven...lator/download
    Hammond C3, M102, XB3, XB5, X5
    Lowrey Heritage DSO-1, H25-3, Yamaha E70
    Farfisa Compact Duo Mk2, Vox Continental 300, Korg BX3 Mk1, Leslie 122, 145, 910, 415
    www.drawbardave.co.uk

Comment

Thanks very much for reply and detailed information Dave. Need to source parts and I could kick myself as a couple of years ago I threw out, along with a B200 and HL822, a couple of 11 pin cables! Still hindsight etc but I did not think I would ve returning to Hammond. Thanks again.

Comment

You just need an 11 pin male plug and the trs and ts leads. I would recommend you use one of the plastic Amphenol shells in two halves with the four screws as it would be difficult to get all the cables through a vintage style Amphenol cover.

I see you’re also in the UK. I have a new unused 11 pin male plug you can have for nothing but it’s only the round part with the pins, there is no back section as far as I remember. PM me if you want it. I had a brief affair with an XK3 and a 330 before I went back to vintage Hammonds ;-)

Dave
        Hammond C3, M102, XB3, XB5, X5
        Lowrey Heritage DSO-1, H25-3, Yamaha E70
        Farfisa Compact Duo Mk2, Vox Continental 300, Korg BX3 Mk1, Leslie 122, 145, 910, 415
        www.drawbardave.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the kind offer Dave. I'll send you a pm.

Comment

Working...
          X