MIDI pedal board for Dexibell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MIDI pedal board for Dexibell

Just looking for ideas about getting a MIDI pedal board for a Dexibell Classico L3 organ (this is a 76-key slab that Johannus loads their own sounds onto and uses for their ‘One’) It has the standard midi plugs for in, out, and thru. I would like to get a pedal board for it but the prices are a bit high. I’m used to a 32 note (AGO at church and Allen compact at home—both are radial and concave). I see new 24 note boards for around $2.5K. eBay has all sorts of used—many look a bit dodgy to use an Australian term. Would be nice to be able to use toe-heel to get some legato, but those are still pricey on eBay. Any ideas on what I can consider?

If you are in Australia, I can't help you, but if you are anywhere near me (Arkansas), I'll give you a Rodgers AGO pedal board if you'll come and get it. I have recently sent two Rodgers "cheetah" consoles to the landfill, but saved the pedals. Did not save the contact rails, but you can easily construct one with inexpensive reed switches and some 1/4" plywood.
    John
    ----------
    Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
    Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
    Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
    Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• Organkeys Jones
      Organkeys Jones commented
      Editing a comment
      What's a Rodgers "cheetah" console? Does it have to do with an exotic cat or Tarzan's pal?

• jbird604
      jbird604 commented
      Editing a comment
      The "Cheetah" models from Rodgers were a series of lower-priced organs back in the 90's, supplementing the more expensive full-line digital organs (the PDI series). Cheetah models used some parts common to other Rodgers models, but skimped on some components, such as the voice boards themselves. A good-size PDI organ might have four or six or many more such boards, but most Cheetah models got by with just one to handle the entire set of stops. Thus less detailed rendering of the stops, less separation of the voices, etc.

Cheetah models sounded quite good though, but their downfall was Rodgers decision to build them with fairly cheap keyboards from Roland, the keys having metal weights attached by a type of glue that eventually melted and ran down into the action and onto the contacts, ruining the keyboards. It's a long story that has been told before on the forum. Bottom line, a lot of these organs are being junked out due to the keyboard issue, for which there is currently no easy fix. But the pedal boards on the better Cheetah models were actually the same as on the top of the line Rodgers organs, so it makes sense to save the pedals, even when throwing out the rest of the organ.

Originally posted by jbird604 View Post
    If you are in Australia, I can't help you, but if you are anywhere near me (Arkansas), I'll give you a Rodgers AGO pedal board if you'll come and get it. I have recently sent two Rodgers "cheetah" consoles to the landfill, but saved the pedals. Did not save the contact rails, but you can easily construct one with inexpensive reed switches and some 1/4" plywood.
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I will pass. I'm not in Australia, but still ~800 miles away. Although it's tempting as I would need to get a MIDI keyboard with DIN plugs and connect reed switches to them. Sounds like a fun project, but with my schedule, not very realistic. Thanks again.

Comment

Have a look at this.

https://www.midiworks.ca/index.php?o...&product_id=38
      My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

Working...
      X