Allen TO and Midi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen TO and Midi

Being a technogeek (I have been in software & technology jobs for over 30 years) I'm thinking I should pursue the midi-technology side of organs while I work on my playing skills. So I have two questions:

What is the oldest (cheapest) 3 manual Allen TO that is fully midi capable?

Can that model be used with “constructed” and/or customized midi files, and also used simultaneously/alternatively in a Hauptwerk setup?
    Allen ADC 3500
    Hammond L100

Stock from Allen: MDS Th III, MDS-312, and MDS-317.
    Sam
    Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
    Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
      Allen ADC 3500
      Hammond L100

Comment

Can such an organ still operate as intended, and also be used with Hauptwerk (not necessarily at the same time)?
        Allen ADC 3500
        Hammond L100

Comment

The models listed by samibe send and receive note on/off, pistons, and expression MIDI data. One could easily play the internal tone generation and Hauptwerk voices at the same time with those MDS models. Plus, the Allen stops sound very good, too (in my opinion).

Comment

• myorgan
            myorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            Organkeys Jones,

Do any of those models have 2nd touch, or does one need a Theatre III-EX to get that?

Michael
        Working...
        X