Stop Action Magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Action Magnets

The console I'm converting had an older electro-mechanical tripper action. It's actually pretty cool but not useful to me. This means there are no solenoids on the stop tabs for me to re-use.
    I see how I can build an action for them with 2 small solenoids and a reed switch, but I also see where Peterson makes a PowerTab thingie that is pretty much exactly that but with a lot less fiddling and work on my part. The Klann company which made my console is now using these on new consoles, according to their current catalog. Anyone have any idea on pricing or gotchas I need to look out for? Will they sell to me or do I need to go through an organ builder or dealer?
    Home Organ: VPO Home-Brewed from a former Klann pipe organ console

Not sure how many you need but there have been SAMs removed from an Allen 632D on ebay for a while. About $11 each if you buy 19. He's already sold quite a few of them.
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Saville Series IV Opus 209; Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Gulbransen Rialto; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

I'm going to need 36, not sure how annoying it will be if they don't match
      Home Organ: VPO Home-Brewed from a former Klann pipe organ console

Comment

• m&m's
        m&m's commented
        Editing a comment
        I have some that I have never used. PM me and we can discuss price.

Syndyne also makes SAM's (Stop Action Magnets). Klann sells these. Peterson and Klann will probably sell directly to you, Syndyne and Organ Supply Industries will probably want you to go through a builder unless you can sweet talk them.

Comment

• Jay999
        Jay999 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you buy Peterson or Syndyne stop actions, also ask for a mounting template to come with your order. The template will enable you to make precisely spaced mounting holes for the screws, and your stops will mount beautifully on the stop rail, just like a factory job.
    Working...
    X