Roland VK8-SM Drawbar module with an Allen ADC 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland VK8-SM Drawbar module with an Allen ADC 3100

A friend has a Roland VK8-SM Drawbar MIDI module that he wants to try on my Allen ADC 3100 that has MIDI on each division.

My question is will the Roland VK8SM play different registrations on the swell, great, and pedal? Or will this require some other MIDI communication device?
    Rodgers W5000 --- home (currently at church)
    Rodgers MX200 module --- home (currently at church)
    Kawai UST7 studio piano --- home

The VK8m (assuming this is what you meant) can have different registrations for the upper, lower and pedal manuals that normally constitute a Hammond organ. Each one is played by assigning a different MIDI channel. By default, the upper manual is channel 1, pedal channel 2, lower channel 3

Comment

OK -- thanks!!

Comment

Ok -- some more questions. It is a Roland VK8M -- the module.

I will be connecting it to an Allen Ensemble MIDI module using the THRU of the Allen Ensemble (I think that is correct).

Now, I am stumped on how to connect the audio. The Allen Ensemble is already connected to the organ with audio -- will I need an audio interface?

I am NOT using a computer with any of this --- so if I do need an audio interface it needs to be a stand alone unit.

What are my options with audio for the Roland VK8M?

Comment

You could use the Mono out of each module into the existing L & R audio inputs of the organ. Ensemble voices are not really stereo, and Hammond organ sound is traditionally not stereo. However, the Roland module has a L & R input so you could run both channels of the audio out from the Allen Ensemble to the input of the Roland and the output of the Roland into the Organ's aux inputs that the Ensemble was using. I was using a Baby B Hammond module on my Allen Theatre organ, until the Baby B quit working. The Roland will be a nice addition to the MADC 3100. Too bad you don't have expression control over the MIDI modules.

Comment

Working...
          X