Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Protege and MIDI module XV-2020 (roland)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Protege and MIDI module XV-2020 (roland)

I have an XV-2020 module and would like to use it with my church's Allen organ. Question - How do I get the pistons programmed to change the program number (instrument selection) I want. I have a Rodgers at home and it specifies MSB - LSB and Program (usually 1-128). However, with the sound module I have an expansion card that goes up to 400 and the notation tells me to use MSB 93 and LSB 8 and then my sound selection...but I don't see how to get MSB and LSB and Program on an Allen. The sound will play directly from the module when Midi stop tab is selected but I want to be able to pop a piston and change sounds and not have to reach for the dial to change a voice on the xv module. Any help is appreciated.</P>

Re: Allen Protege and MIDI module XV-2020 (roland)

Hi,</p>

I doubt you will much luck getting this module to work seamlessly with the Allen, especially if it is an older Allen.</p>

The problem is with the MIDI protocol. Rodgers/Roland uses a different SysEx from Allen.</p>

My guess is you will be limited to playing this module as you have described it.</p>

AV</p>

Comment

Working...
    X