Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI Sound Module based Organ

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on a MIDI controller solution to turn sound modules such as the Deebach BlackBox and Roland Integra7 into an easy to use solution to build a cutom organ with.

My Roland Atlier 90s continues to have hardware issues and likely will not survive long term. The plan is to eventually replace it with one of the two manual Hammond clones (along with the 25 pedalboard of course!)

In the last few months I have been coding a project that runs on WIndows 10 (for now) to be used with the Deebach or Integra. While studio software is available for sound modules, they take a lot of time to configre. The idea with this control is provide easy access to the sound module patches, be able to save them into presets that can be recalled just like a organ. Presets are associated with a Song, and the Song has a midi file associated with it that can be used to provide backing tracks using the embedded sequencer.

The project can be found here: https://github.com/aminnie/amidifx

If anyone is interested in particpating in the project and trying the software out, please let me know and I will provide a link to the latest software build for you to download. It takes a few hours to add a new sound module, so that can be considered too.

BTW. If you are not familiar with the Deebach BlackBox (https://www.deebach.eu/#xl_xr_page_blackbox), please listen to the Deebach channel on Youtube. It sounds great and is very reasonably priced.

Thanks,

Anton

Last edited by aminnie; 03-28-2021, 09:36 PM.

Thanks for introducing us to your project - it looks very exciting. I'd not heard of the Deebach before, so it's always interesting to discover something new. I look forward to seeing the updates. I noticed on your pictures the unit was displaying things like "Jazz Sax" and "Pan Flute". Is it also possible to set up as one particular organ - for instance the Royal Festival Hall organ, as played by Keith Emerson on the Emerson, Lake & Palmer album?

Comment

These may give you some ideas

https://www.varranger.com/ (There are others as well)

Bohm Sempra & Wersi OAX instruments also have comprehensive midi functions, (As do the older Wersi OAS and Bohm Opera organs) OAX runs on Windows 10 and has a VST host on-board so you can add software plug-ins (A Hauptwerk organ is included as standard) as well as advanced midi control. (An option to integrate a Windows 10 computer into a Bohm Sempra is also available)

Bill

Comment

• JamesOrgan
        JamesOrgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Originally posted by JamesOrgan View Post
      for instance the Royal Festival Hall organ, as played by Keith Emerson on the Emerson, Lake & Palmer album?
      Oh my, "The Only Way" from the Tarkus album. Days of my youth.

Comment

Originally posted by sandstone42 View Post
        Oh my, "The Only Way" from the Tarkus album. Days of my youth.
        Good times!

Comment

Working...
        X