Who's using Ferrofish B4000+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's using Ferrofish B4000+?

There haven't been any posts about this machine for a few years, and they're still on the market, so I might try one. The recordings I've heard have only been internet items through the basic loudspeakers of a laptop, but until I find the Hammond of my dreams, this could be a good substitute.
    Last edited by JamesOrgan; 04-07-2021, 03:47 AM.

I have one and rarely use it. When I do, it is hooked up to amps and speakers. I only use it when I want to remember the hymns of my youth that were played on a Hammond. To be truthful, I don't care much for it. Something missing but I can't tell you what. A jazz musician might have a totally different experience with it. I hope others chime in. I had a OX7 module that I liked very much but it died (the service man has now had it for 4 years and has failed to repair or return it.)

Comment

• JamesOrgan
      JamesOrgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks very much - could that be the "coldness" of Digital? I don't mind playing CDs in the car, but if I want to 'listen' to music, it's got to be on vinyl. If it isn't on vinyl, then I have to put up with a CD. I do have a few hundred CDs, but fortunately the present day output of popular music saves my from buying very many!

I'll look out for an OX7.

I had a "Baby b" made by Blue Chip Music Technology. Used it for many years at church but it quit working. Don't think the company is still in business. Bought the little unit at the NAMM show in Anaheim directly from their display. Have seriously considered the B4000+ as a replacement. I use the Hammond sound with an Allen organ and I wired up a switch for simulated Leslie fast/slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Organkeys Jones View Post
      I had a "Baby b" made by Blue Chip Music Technology. Used it for many years at church but it quit working. Don't think the company is still in business. Bought the little unit at the NAMM show in Anaheim directly from their display. Have seriously considered the B4000+ as a replacement. I use the Hammond sound with an Allen organ and I wired up a switch for simulated Leslie fast/slow.
      I actually found the manual for the "Baby b" online, and it said "OX7 manual". Interesting - I'll look further into this.

Comment

I use the B-3X by IK multimedia, and I’m quite happy with it. My only complaint is that on Big Sur there is a bit of a bug with the expression pedal that has to be worked out.

-Current Instruments: Allen Mos-2 225 RTC,1870's W. Bell Reed organ, 1890's Singer Chicago upright grand piano Former Instruments: Yamaha Electone E3R

Comment

Originally posted by Larason2 View Post
          I use the B-3X by IK multimedia, and I’m quite happy with it. My only complaint is that on Big Sur there is a bit of a bug with the expression pedal that has to be worked out.
          Thank you! I'd never heard of that before. I've now watched a few of the demo videos, and it sounds good.

Comment

Working...
          X