Wurlitzer (Viscount) C-380 Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wurlitzer (Viscount) C-380 Organ

Hello everybody! A shot in the dark, just acquired a C-380- a 3 manual Wurlitzer-Baldwin-Viscount from the 90's with midi. However, I am noticing that I am not getting any midi signal from the shoes or the pistons. Does anybody have any information as to if these are indeed hooked up to the midi interface within the console?

Thanks,

Richie

Perhaps one of the forum members who owns or has owned a Viscount of that vintage will chime in with definitive info. Have you used a simple free software program such as MIDI Monitor to observe the MIDI stream coming out of the organ? If the pistons or shoes are in the stream, a simple monitor program will reveal the data being sent.

It's not uncommon to discover that some older organs with MIDI don't have a full MIDI implementation. Even Allen ADC models from the 80's, when equipped with the optional MIDI translator, send only keying data out the MIDI stream. But your Viscount is from the 90's, when most manufacturers were finally offering a full MIDI implementation. As I said, we have people on the forum who own similar organs, so maybe one of them will tell you the whole story.
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

A 2 manual Wurlitzer C-250 inspected in 1990 only provides Note On/Off. I would expect the same to be true for C-125 and C-300.
      I know nothing about the C-380.

Comment

Hi,

I have the schematics for thte C-380, along with theC-440, C-400 V.V.

C-400.

They were second generation digital church organs. Models released early 1990s.

​​​​​Viscount​ updated these organs several times.

Early C models did not have a very good MIDI,

Hard to tell whether the C-380 has anything more than note on / off.

Best, check it out with a Midi monitor!.
        ​AV​​​​​​
        Last edited by arie v; 10-18-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I have the C-400 which is sort of a drawknob version of the C-380 (it has some other things though, such as more output channels). They share the same user manual.

Mine has MIDI events on everything. And the user manual doesn’t differentiate between the two organs as far as MIDI is concerned. It is presented in a way that one would assume the two organs have the same capabilities.
          Viscount C400 3-manual
          8 channels + 2 reverb channels (w/ Lexicon MX200)
          Klipsch RSX-3 speakers and Klipsch Ultra 5.1 subwoofers

Comment

Working...
          X