Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI SD card reader problem

Hey,
    I've bought a MIDI SD card reader from orgautomatech.fr and the error screen it shows, indicates that it doesn't recognize the card that came with it.
    I've tried different cards and I've formatted it to FAT16 like the instructions ask. To my frustration, nothing has work after multiple attempts.
    Has anyone found a solution in their own experience?

Thanks!

What size and type of SD card are you using?

orgautomtatech sells a number of SD card readers. Please provide a link to the model that you bought.

-------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

A couple of thoughts ....

The fact that the card supplied with the device doesn't work seems to suggest a problem with the midilector, and I'd be corresponding with orgautomatech about that.

What are you using to format the micro SD? I note that the instructions say: "On your computer make sure it is formatted in FAT 16. Please note, it is better to use Win Xp, Win 7 or 8.1 but not Win 10." (... which is kind of limiting these days).
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

• Conner Blase
      Conner Blase commented
      Editing a comment
      I dug out an old XP machine and formated the card to FAT, which I've been told is FAT16 as far as XP is concerned. When that didn't work, I tried using the windows command prompt, but there's a good chance I didn't do it right

• Conner Blase
      Conner Blase commented
      Editing a comment
      That was my first thought, but I wanted to hear what the community had to offer to avoid a customer service claim

• gtc
      gtc commented
      Editing a comment
      If you selected FAT16 then that should have worked. You can always check the SD's format by using Properties under windows.
Working...
X