X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn 652 Types and Styles?

Hello.

Which are the different Types and Styles of the Conn 652? How can I find out which type and style my organ is? I think the label is on the back panel but the back panel is missing.

Thx, Yaeld85
    Last edited by Yaeld85; 05-31-2014, 10:59 AM.

Good question: just wish I had a good answer! Neither my Electronic Organ Reference List (a.k.a. "Mother List") nor the Organ Blue Book show any information as to Types or Styles distinctions. Perhaps the 652 service manual would have that info, but I no longer have one of those.

Help, anyone?

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder

Comment

The ID plate should be on the rail that runs across the top back of the organ where the lid is hinged. Usually a bronze plate in the middle. I don't remember Conn putting it under the keyboard shelf but that would be the other place to look.
      My service manual says Style 1, type 1.

td

Comment

Mine was the same. I'm not aware of a type 2 being imported into the UK.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

On YouTube I see a brown one (mahogany, pecan, cherry...I don't know), and a white one. Other than the color of the case, they seem the same.
          'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
          The cast, in order of appearance:
          Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
          Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
          Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

Doing a bit of research at the Organ Service Corp. site, I found:
            Conn 652 service manual, part #71314-067 @$30
            and
            a supplement, #71314-066 @ 0.00.

Kinda tells me there were no variants.

. . . Jan

Comment

As far as I can recall as a Conn tech during that period, they only made the type 1 652 before moving on to the 653.

--- Tom
              Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

Thanks for your answer, Tom!
                I was wondering which types there are because I saw some websits where "Type II" is written like http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Musica...er=AD005619070.

Comment

Working...
                X