Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with identification and specification of a Baldwin Theatre organ fomr 1980.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with identification and specification of a Baldwin Theatre organ fomr 1980.

I came accross a Baldwin Electronic Theatre organ and I cna't read the model. At first, I thought it was a Cinima III, but it isn't based on photographs I have seen. I would really appreciate your help in identifying the model and hopefully it's specification. The ad says:

"This is one beautiful BALDWIN CINEMA Theater Organ* that is perfect for churches, meeting halls, and silent movies :-). It has more bells and whistles (and drums) than your creative talents may use! Beautiful walnut solid wood and the sound is great! Features include: FantomFingers, RealRhythm, FunMachine, and FunBass. The organ also has the ability to program rhythms. This theater organ is fully digital. Built in 1980, the sound is eternal. At 300+ lbs., it is almost as big as its sound. Stack of music books included. Buyer is responsible for moving/shipping. You will not be disappointed with this instrument, either in appearance, sound or capabilities. Prior to shipping it was carefully maintained and in perfect condition. This is a BIG, BEAUTIFUL, AMAZINGLY VERSATILE musical instrument."

Thank you for your help, Steven

Click image for larger version

Name:	BALDWIN 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	613419Click image for larger version

Name:	BALDWIN 2.jpg
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	613420Click image for larger version

Name:	BALDWIN 3.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	613421Click image for larger version

Name:	BALDWIN 4.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	613422
    Steven C. Scott, Founder, CEO
    International Society for the Preservation of Historical Instruments
    2391 Porter Street
    Lebanon, Oregon 97355
    steven@isphi.org
    www.ISPHI.ORG
    sigpic

Model 235 "MCO Cinema" - 1983.

PS. The link to your website doesn't seem to work - I get a "Domain cannot be reached" error.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

And it ISN'T "fully digital" :-(

Comment

What is sometimes termed "analogue under digital control", perhaps? Or one where the lines between digital and analogue are blurred. 1983 was just on the cusp of where manufacturers went into digital tone generation - and also where some decided that enough was enough, or simply went under....
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Re: Organ Identification

Hi, thank you for the information. Do you happen to have the specs for this organ?

Yes, there is an issue with our Hosting company for the websiute that we have been working for for sometime. I think we just need to go to a different hosting company as these people just are not quick to do anything :/ We will have it back up soon. Thank you for trying to check it out.

Best wishes,

Steven

Originally posted by andyg View Post
          Model 235 "MCO Cinema" - 1983.

PS. The link to your website doesn't seem to work - I get a "Domain cannot be reached" error.
          Steven C. Scott, Founder, CEO
          International Society for the Preservation of Historical Instruments
          2391 Porter Street
          Lebanon, Oregon 97355
          steven@isphi.org
          www.ISPHI.ORG
          sigpic

Comment

You could try checking through the Gallery on the forum. There is a section for brochures and it's possible someone may have uploaded it. There's also a very active Vintage Organs Group on Facebook and that's worth a shot. Some of the members there are also on here so if someone does have the specs I'm sure they'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
            X