This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification Please

On Conn Model number Plates you will see Style____ and Type____ numbers can someone tell me what these numbers mean??

Carolina_Dude

AFAIK, Style would be the model number, eg 551, 580, 650 etc and the Type would refer to a a revision during the model's lifetime. Example would be a 580, Type I or Type II. The Type II had auto rhythm and a few extras. I assume they used this in a standard way over time.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Many ID plates had four numbers:

Model: The basic model number.
      Finish: The color of the stain and veneer.
      Style: Console design. Often just different legs, round, square, French, etc.
      Type: Indicates changes in electronics such as changing from single speed Leslie to two speed.

td
      Servicing electronic organs since 1969.

Comment

My original Conn 650 has a Model and Type number..

Model 650

Type #1

Type one didn't have a true reverb. Instead, it had short and longer sustain levels. Also, the Type one had 2 'Chiff' buttons and 2 'Tibia Harm' [2 types of harmonics] buttons.

The next Type [#2] had a real reverb tank, but only 1 Tibia Harm - and no Chiff's. -- The Chiff buttons were replaced with 2 dedicated Reverb buttons.

So my 650 was the very first Type produced [AFAIK]...

[Also, if you're using the Chimes, that adds an even longer sustain than the 2 labeled [Reverb, Sustain]. So you can combine all 3 levels and get some serious sustain!]

me
        Lowrey MX2 (NT400x)
        Thomas Floridian Classic -- aka Wersi Rondo Classic
        Kimball K800 'Fascination' Theater Organ
        Conn 650 - Type 1 with Conn Pipes - Model #145
        Baldwin Cinema 2 (214-DR)
        Wersi Spectra DX 700 CD - LiveStyle, Memory Tower
        Wersi Beta DX400 TS - (with AMS)
        Wersi Delta DX 500 - (with AMS)
        Wersi Pegasus Keyboard!
        MOOG Eterwave Standard Theremin & MOOG Werkstatt
        Roland GAIA SH-01 Virtual Analog Synthesizer