This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen ARTE issues

My organ has started doing something strange. I'll be playing along (not using any rhythm or traps) when all of a sudden all of the traps/percussion go off at once (bird whistles, sirens, drums, cymbals, everything) and then a random beat continues to play (sometimes it changes randomly, too) until I pull the drawer out and stop it. It's usually so much louder than what I'm playing that I nearly jump out of my skin. If it goes off while I'm playing, sometimes it will go again after I have stopped playing and am no longer touching the console.

Does anyone know what might be going on? I would appreciate any advice in where I should start looking to narrow down what might be happening. The tricky thing is that it doesn't happen very often. Since I don't use the traps much, I might just unplug the ARTE audio lines into the mixer board until I have a chance to dig into it some more.
    Sam
    Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
    Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

They had to do the same thing to my mother's organ several years ago when ARTE started injecting weird noises.
    John
    Allen MDS-317 at home / Allen AP-16 at Church / Allen ADC-3100 at the stake center

Comment

Thanks for your response John. That's what I was afraid of. I ended up unplugging the ARTE computer, for now. I might try to troubleshoot it in the future but I probably won't get around to it for a while. After I get midi installed, I'll likely set up VO traps instead.
      Sam
      Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
      Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

Working...
      X