Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's so great about the Wurlitzer 4300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you will find that the 4300 up to the 4520 is Electrostatic, it was a sad day when Wurlitzer stopped using electrostatic. this is why the sound was so fantastic.

Comment

I think you will find that the 4300 up to the 4520 is Electrostatic
      I think the 4300 and up are all use transitors and oscillators. The 10-20 years before that it was tubes and oscillators, then before that was the electrostatic versions.
      THen at some point in the late 70s, then started dabling in digital stuff..... too little too late.

My 4520 is definetly oscilators and transitors. and about 100 miles of wire

Comment

The earlier electrostatics did have a sound all of their own, for sure, but the later tube based models or the solid state ones like the 4300 had their own, warm analogue sound.

As HP just said, the electrostatic models were many years before the 4300.
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Wow, this really takes me back. I got my start in organ repair with Wurlitzer and Yamaha organs in the mid-70s. I worked for a dealer who sold both brands, and I remember thinking that if it weren't for Wurlitzer organs, I wouldn't have a job. Yamaha organs rarely had problems, but Wurlitzers kept me busy.

Comment

I just brought home a 4300 DR Wurlitzer. I was not disappointed. Maybe people love it because the sound is rich like cheese cake. I sure like the sounds and the spectra tone choices.

Comment

Working...
            X