Just curious about Allen 4600 key & voicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious about Allen 4600 key & voicing

I notice in pictures of the Allen ADC 4600, there is a keyed lock with 4 positions...I'm curious what that is for?

I also see reference to second voicing - I'm assuming that's like on the new smaller classical organs that also have different/alternate voicing for playing theater style? I can't seem to find any info about it.

All just curiousity - I'm not thinking of buying one (yet. )
    Allen ADC 3500
    Hammond L100

The lock switches between four capture memories.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

As Admin said, the ADC 4600 has 4 memories. The regular organist could turn to an unused memory and remove the key. A guest organist could re-program and use that memory, but not change or even access the other 3.

Second voicing makes some stops classical (principal, mixture). Those classical stops on the 4600 I had were not as articulate as I would have liked, but gave a nice alternative to the theatre stops.

Comment

• myorgan
        myorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Organkeys Jones,

Were the classical stops' articulation something which could be adjusted (i.e. TG-10 card), or was that organ too early?

Michael

• Organkeys Jones
        Organkeys Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        Good question, myorgan. I didn't have it long and sold it to a person more interested in the theatre sound. It was a later ADC model. My service manual has a tab for 3600/4600 but no pages for those models. I really can't remember what boards it had.

That makes perfect sense about the memories - I didn't think about guests messing with the main organist's registrations! Thanks!
      Allen ADC 3500
      Hammond L100

Comment

• Organkeys Jones
        Organkeys Jones commented
        Editing a comment
        The locking was more useful for churches than homes. But even for churches I often see the key left in the lock.
    Working...
    X