This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen T15

Does anyone know anything about the Allen T15 theatre organ? I found an ad on craigslist for one, but it doesn't have much info, nor does it have a picture.

Thanks,

John Stenzel

Re: Allen T15

Blue Book has a small b/w picture. Just shows a 'standard' Allen church style console, with white stop taps. No colours, no horseshoe. This will be a T15B model from 1959, and the separate tone cabinet should have the Gyrophonic 'rotary' speaker.

But $1500 for an organ that's 50 years old? I wouldn't, unless I was desperate for that model Allen. A lot less money - more realistic. Offer $250-500 maybe.

Andy

It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Just curious about it. If you see a usedorgan for $1,500 now, it must be made out of gold, or it is newer.

I am not familliar with Allen organs, so whatwould be a'standard' allen church style console?

Comment

Something like the TC 1 on this page:

http://www.allenorgan.com/www/compan...um/trans1.html

That Allen museum looks an interesting place. If they haven't got a T15A there, maybe they should shell out 1500 bucks for it!

Andy

It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha Genos, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

My first Allen was an S15. The model changed to T15 with the switch to transistors. Gave it up for a more modern LSI Hammond Colonnade after two years. However, I have nothing but praise for the model. It has a deep warm tone that was a great achievement for the times and technology available then. It has the basic flute/string generator set-upcommon to the basic Allen and a good gyro system from which it derives it's theater sounds. Not alot of solo voice options so you'llwant to consider your playing style as well as the instruments features. Given the fall in selling prices I agree that the price should be determined by your heartfelt interest in the item. And given the repair costs you may face later, a couple of hundred is actually very fair. Beware of the uninformed seller who hollers "antique"! He's never tried to fix one!

Comment

I was looking at organs again because the no pedal part of my Wurlitzer is getting annoying. It will do for now though.

While looking into buying a piano, I found out that Wurlizter also makes pianos! I didn't know that.

Comment

I know Allen T15 is an old thread, but maybe someone is still reading it??? I am trying to resurrect one. Actually it all works fine except for a weird noise it makes when playing any note on any manual on any stop. It's like a staccato tapping noise. I checked speakers, amps, swapped out the power supply. I 'm currently checking the "keying/repeat" box, but it seems OK. It only happens when a note is keyed. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!
              John
              Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

I never got around to cleaning my S15 referred to earlier in the thread but it sounds like a contact problem. Similar to key click that is now revered in the Hammond B3. Other manufacturers used technology to eliminate the immediate electronic response to closing the keying circuit but I no longer remember the exact technique on the early allen. I just finished rereading one of my vintage organ books but the subject of keying was explained without any troubleshooting information because at the time of printing most of the organs were still receiving factory service.

Comment

It's definitely not a keying or contact problem. After more exhaustive trouble shooting I found that something actually "beats" with the notes played, at a very low frequency. I scoped every oscillator ( all 72?) right to the summed output; nothing strange or spurious! I am starting to suspect 60Hz getting into something, maybe the vibrato circuit? But would need a schematic at this point...ANYone?

John
                  Can't play an note but love all things "organ" Responsible for 2/10 Wurli pipe organ, Allen 3160(wife's), Allen LL324, Allen GW319EX, ADC4600, many others. E-organ shop to fund free organ lessons for kids.

Comment

Hi John, I happen to have the schematics for the T15 models, and may be picking up a free T15 in the next week or so. Send me a PM and I'll scan the schematic for you. Maybe we can trade troubleshooting tips on here if I do pick up the T15A.
                    Nobody loves me but my mother,
                    And she could be jivin' too...

--BB King

Comment

Originally posted by toasterDude View Post
                      Hi John, I happen to have the schematics for the T15 models, and may be picking up a free T15 in the next week or so. Send me a PM and I'll scan the schematic for you. Maybe we can trade troubleshooting tips on here if I do pick up the T15A.
                      Did you ever get that T-15? Anyway, here's one for sale here in Columbus Today- great price on a nice playing T-15 Allen-$125

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/2701923636.html
                      Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
                      Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
                      Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
                      Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
                      PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

Working...
                      X