No announcement yet.

Wurlitzer Vs Wurlitzer Home Organ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Toodles. I will buy a copy, it is something that I think will be very gratifying to actually be able to repair a faulty organ. I really admire the guys on here that can do that stuff! I know someone who has a faulty Conn organ (I think it is a 650) I might be interested in purchasing but then comes the problem with parts...
    Chris Nabil - Owner of a Roland Atelier 900 Platinum.

Comment

There is no problem with electronic parts for the Conn 650 or 651. Tabs and buttons might be a issue but with 3d printing even that could be solved.
      I had a client that was the organist at the Tucson Fox theater in the silent movie days. He had two Conn 650's in his teaching studio. One he loved the other he hated. Most of the work I did on them was to change the registrations to his liking on the preset pistons. I think I may have replaced a few reed relays also. Nothing major. Also they would be easy to midify.
      The 652 and 653 are multiplexed and used custom LSI's.
      I know of two techs in Phoenix that are still active.

td

Comment

td, thank you for that information, that is very helpful! as we are both in AZ I would very much appreciate it if you ever hear of someone wanting to part with one. I am a little unsure if I really would get on with a Conn but from what I have been able to find on the tube I have heard Conns that sound very... umm to my ears "cheesy" ... but on the other hand I have heard a few that I was very impressed by.

How tweakable is the Conn organ in general and I did notice that some come with a separate Leslie too.

Chris
        Chris Nabil - Owner of a Roland Atelier 900 Platinum.

Comment

If your budget is $6k and you don't mind the distance you might think about this https://organforum.com/forums/social...424#post737424
          Floyd

Comment

• sweet melody 79
            sweet melody 79 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, not sure what you are referring to as it is regarding a subwoofer.

Sorry, my bad. Somehow I got the wrong link. I hope I do better this time!
          https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...ds-theater-iii
          Floyd

Comment

• sweet melody 79
            sweet melody 79 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's very kind, thank you!
        Working...
        X