Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn Artist 700 for $75.. a good deal?

I just found a Conn Artist 700 for $75 about 15 miles from me.... in great working condition... how do these compare to Hammonds? Does this sound like a good deal? It looks like a B3 in the fact that it has a full pedal board....

Re: Conn Artist 700 for $75.. a good deal?

I'd probably get it if it is all actually working. As for sounding like a B3, the Conn is a completely different animal. It is a classical/litugical type organ. I had been a Conn owner for many years ans was always pleased with the tibias.

Comment

Conn Artist - What a name for an organ!

Comment

The 700 is the original offering of the Conn Organ Company which during the days of R&D and earliest sales had been selling their instruments as the Connsonata Organ.

If memory serves me correctly it is a 25 pedal, tube generator organ. It was graduated into the 720 AGO (32 pedal) model within a few years and that's the one I own. The cabinetry and voicing is a little larger on the 720and there is a Leslie that can support the diapason or flute channels alternately.

Conn's are excellent for church and popular music and were considered a step forward in the goal of replicating pipe organ tone, which is slightly different from the Hammond TW sound.

If cabinetry and tube generators are all in good condition it is a nice find and should provide alot of entertainment for just $75

A good history is at the official Theater Organ site: http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/ken...ConnOrgans.htm

Comment

I own one and it is a gem! The tibias are what makes the organ. If it works well then go ahead and buy it. You won't be dissapointed. It's a very versatile organ capable of playing classical or theater style music. I've gotten a lot enjoyment out of mine.:->

Comment

A little "churchy" but good strong voice on the pipes.
            75? Go for it...what the hec. Try not to spent too much on transport.

Blankets, straps, and organ dollies. bring some strong friends.

Different sound than a Hammond but a good unit overall.

Comment

Working...
            X