Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Allen Theater Organ is This? (Renaissance Era)

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Allen Theater Organ is This? (Renaissance Era)

Hello,
    I came across this one for sale, and the listing just says Allen Renaissance. I know the pics aren't great, but I'm hoping someone can identify it. I'm trying to find a digital organ with MIDI that will fit through a 32" door. Does this support external speakers? The seller doesn't mention any speakers, so I'm guessing it just has internal speakers, which I'm not fond of.

The seller is asking $5000. Does that seem reasonable? It comes with a MIDI unit, but the listing doesn't say which one, and the pics aren't good enough for me to tell. Could this be tied into a computer for Hauptwerk?

Thanks!
    -Jon
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by myorgan at 06-20-2022, 01:59 PM.

The serial number label is on the outside back at the bottom (near where the power cord comes out). It will also show the model number and date of manufacture. If it is the R-211 with compact pedals, the dimensions are 51 1/2" wide x 30 1/8" deep. 50" deep with pedalboard & bench. Height is 44 3/4".

This looks like it could be R-211D (AGO pedalboard). Those dimensions are: 57 1/2" wide x 32" deep, 55" depth with pedalboard & bench. Height is 47 1/4".

Comment

Looks like an R-211. That is a great instrument for the price, I would certainly pursue it. You can absolutely add external speakers to it, it should have a single M5 amp in it. Also, that will work for Hauptwerk as that organ will send keying and stop data over MIDI. The "MIDI Unit" is probably an Allen MIDI Division II.

Comment

Looks like an R-211 with Console Controller in the left drawer and an Expander or Ensemble in the right drawer. It will easily drive external speakers.

I was writing the same time as jovitt. Yes, it has full MIDI implementation - note on/off, pistons, stops, and expression.

Comment

Thanks so much for the helpful information. I found a manual for it, but it didn't list the dimensions. Does anyone know how deep this console is?

Thanks a lot!
          -Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Vercus View Post
            Does anyone know how deep this console is?
            I do not know the letter of the console, but if someone can provide it, you'll find the measurements here: https://organforum.com/forums/social...s-measurements. I don't believe you have to be a member to view posts in a group.

Michael
            Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
            • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
            • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
            • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by Vercus View Post
              Does anyone know how deep this console is?

Thanks a lot!
              -Jon
              Dimensions for the R-211 are

Height: 45 5/16" without the music rack
              Width: 51 1/2"
              Depth: 30"

Comment

• myorgan
                myorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                @jovitt,

By any chance, do you have access to information about measurements on Allen's theatre organ line? If so, I can add them to the link above.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

If you can get the serial number from the seller, you can send that to the Allen Company Service Department and they can tell you exactly what it is as well as dimensions and weight, etc.

Comment

The serial number label is on the outside back at the bottom (near where the power cord comes out). It will also show the model number and date of manufacture. If it is the R-211 with compact pedals, the dimensions are 51 1/2" wide x 30 1/8" deep. 50" deep with pedalboard & bench. Height is 44 3/4".

This looks like it could be R-211D (AGO pedalboard). Those dimensions are: 57 1/2" wide x 32" deep, 55" depth with pedalboard & bench. Height is 47 1/4".

Comment

Well, the listing is gone, so I guess the organ sold already. The search goes on.

Comment

Working...
                  X