Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to connect external speakers to an Allen MDS 212D Theatre II?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect external speakers to an Allen MDS 212D Theatre II?

This organ has a small toggle switch below the keyboard at the right side, labeled "External Speakers". I need to know where the internal connections are, and what impedance the external speakers should be. Also, suggestions on setting the relative volume levels between the internal and external speakers? Thanks.
  • Answer selected by Admin at 11-22-2022, 12:23 PM.

There should be a Univrel relay board on the floor of the organ in the inside. It has two relays and 2 slider resistors and 13 screws on a barrier strip. The main speakers get connected to the Main and ground screws on the barrier strip on he Univrel board. The Internal speakers are connected to the ANT terminals on the same board. The board is marked. The internal speakers go through the slider resistors and the main speakers do not. The volume levels are basically set to your liking. To lower the volume of the internal speakers, loosen the screw on the slider resistors and slide them away from the center of the board. To make them louder slide them toward the center of the board. They are 8 ohms. I personally would recommend getting either HR-100s or HR-200 speaker cabinets made by Allen.

Comment

There should be a Univrel relay board on the floor of the organ in the inside. It has two relays and 2 slider resistors and 13 screws on a barrier strip. The main speakers get connected to the Main and ground screws on the barrier strip on he Univrel board. The Internal speakers are connected to the ANT terminals on the same board. The board is marked. The internal speakers go through the slider resistors and the main speakers do not. The volume levels are basically set to your liking. To lower the volume of the internal speakers, loosen the screw on the slider resistors and slide them away from the center of the board. To make them louder slide them toward the center of the board. They are 8 ohms. I personally would recommend getting either HR-100s or HR-200 speaker cabinets made by Allen.

Comment

Hi, oldguy. This fellow in Georgia,

https://organforum.com/forums/social...ith-gyrophonic

has a real set of Allen theater speakers in good shape for sale.
        -- Hi, I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project -- 1899 Kimball, 1999 Rodgers W5000C, Roland DS-61/88, FA-06, VR-09B, 1975 Conn 643, 1959 Hammond M3, 1965 E112, 1963 L-102, and some pianos - The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. Nicolas Chamfort​

Comment

I will post my pics later on if that helps.

Comment

The older gyro speakers would not be a good match for the MDS Theatre Organ.

Comment

• Silken Path
              Silken Path commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X