Silent Sundays

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Sundays

Silent Sundays Presents the classic silent romance/adventure "The Eagle" staring Rudolph Valentino. Accompanied live by Brett Valliant on the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ.

Complete information at https://silentsundays.vots-atos.org
    Starts
    02-17-2019 02:30 PM
    Ends
    02-17-2019 05:00 PM
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

This sounds like a wonderful event for people who live close enough to attend. The theater looks exquisite.
    Bill

My home organ: Content M5800

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Our ATOS chapter has been running these events at the Orpheum since its restoration in 1998. The theatre is beautiful and so is the organ!

We get a migration of snowbirds in Arizona each winter, and this is a popular event.

With this post I'm testing the new Forum's feature of adding an event to the calendar. To add an event, start a new topic in any channel, then click the Calender icon in the tool bar. This will cause your event to appear on the Forum Calendar.

Originally posted by Admin View Post
    Silent Sundays Presents the classic silent romance/adventure "The Eagle" staring Rudolph Valentino. Accompanied live by Brett Valliant on the Mighty Wurlitzer Theatre Pipe Organ.

Complete information at https://silentsundays.vots-atos.org
    I have been to many of your "Silent Sundays" and they are wonderful Brett is a very talented organist. To accompany a silent film is a dying art form!.
    Chris Nabil - Owner of a Roland Atelier 900 Platinum.

Comment

OH! They're not really silent! You mean "Silent Movie Sundays"!

We've had a couple of silent movies presented on the big screens in our Sanctuary with accompaniment by our find Klais organ. They were well received.

flashguy

Comment

• voet
        voet commented
        Editing a comment
        David, when I first saw this topic, I thought it might be about a church that could not find an organist. That would be a different sort of "Silent Sunday" indeed.

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Silent Sundays has been used for the name of TCM's (Turner Classic Movies) silent film series for years. They probably had that name first. We inherited it when we took over the series at the Orpheum from the now defunct Orpheum Foundation in 2000.
    Working...
    X