Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Us Out If You Like Organ Specs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1932177590228735/

That page cannot be seen by people who elect not to be on Facebook. Was it intended to be a Facebook member only group or one open to the public?
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Larry,

I'm sure it was meant to be closed and available for only those with FB accounts.

While I am one of the first FB users (colleges in New England), about 7 years ago I stopped logging into my account. I'm sure it's still accessible, but because of FB's recent issues it doesn't feel like a good idea to me.

Michael

P.S. When I joined, none of the information needed to be complete or accurate, and I've never chaned it, so even if my account was compromised, there's not enough accurate there to align with any profile–it would be dis-information!

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      myorgan The information in your FB profile is only tip of the data exploitation iceberg that produces the company's revenue. I too have drastically cut back my participation on FB and removed all FB owned apps, FB, Messenger, Instagram, etc. from my mobile devices. I realize that Google and others monetize your personal data, but FB seems to be more ethically challenged in that regard.

The Organ Forum's Privacy Policy can be found here: https://organforum.com/forums/privacy.

Regardless, while FB is fine for memes and photos of your meals and pets, its format is not conducive to discussions and archiving information. Since FB offers no message formatting, I think organ specs are going to particularly inconvenient to read. I'm not sure why OP feels that FB is a better platform to discuss organ specifications than here, but I'll let this announcement stand for now despite it being against paragraph 6 of Forum Rules, https://organforum.com/forums/help#c...ew/general_tos
      Last edited by Admin; 07-25-2019, 07:28 AM.

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      but FB seems to be more ethically challenged
      Well put! During the testimony yesterday on the *uller Report, I couldn't help remember the hearings with the FB founder a while ago. i wonder how much of a wake-up call it was?

Michael

Well the record $5 billion fine against FB for loss of data privacy certainly seems to be the beginning of more scrutiny.

I do hope the OP finds a better place to post that information where it is more freely available. I find it frustrating that many businesses elect not to have an independent web site but choose to use FB as their only web presence. Sometimes, as a non-FB member, what I can see of their pages changes from day to day, seemingly at the whim of some computer algorithm.
    Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
    Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
    Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      Although the $5 billion fine for the Cambridge Analytica scandal seems like a lot, it's really no more than a slap on the wrist. FB had revenues of $16.7 billion in Q2 of this year alone. Investors agree as FB stock continued to rise after the announcement. It was also revealed yesterday that FB continued to share user data with its partners after it said it had cut them off. This allowed its partners to not only access your data, but that of any of your FB friends. https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/24/...ess-despite-s/
Working...
X