Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonathan Scott Town Hall Organ Concert - Rochdale Town Hall 5 June 2020 1pm UK time

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan Scott Town Hall Organ Concert - Rochdale Town Hall 5 June 2020 1pm UK time

Welcome to a Jonathan Scott's special Online Town Hall Organ Concert from the 1913 J.J.Binns Organ of Rochdale Town Hall. (Programme Below)

PROGRAMME

Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901) Arr. Scott
    Grand March (Aïda)

Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
    Jig Fugue BWV 577

Bedřich Smetana (1824-1884) Arr. Scott
    Vltava (Má vlast)

Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921) Arr. Scott
    Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix (Samson et Dalila)

Richard Wagner (1813-1883) Arr. E.H. Lemare
    Ride of the Valkyries (Die Walküre)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEnrPci2tM
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Gtc,

Thank you for finally posting one of these in advance. I usually get the post and/or link after the concert has happened.

Thank you!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      You can find recordings of these concerts on youtube after the live event.

• Philip Powell
      Philip Powell commented
      Editing a comment
      Watching it live is definitely better, thanks gtc!

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
    Gtc,

Thank you for finally posting one of these in advance. I usually get the post and/or link after the concert has happened.

Thank you!

Michael
    If you subscribe to their channel and also hit the bell icon you will get notifications in advance directly from them, including the ability to set a reminder.
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

My advice for all–NEVER listen to an organ performance with my wife!!! His tempo is all over the place, OR that's not what it sounds like! OR That's the problem with organ transcriptions of Symphonic music–it all sounds like mush rather than an orchestra. I almost couldn't hear the organ in between her comments–full disclosure, she's a Symphony violinist.

My question to her, How many individual Symphony players do you know who can play with both feet, both hands, change registrations, and make it sound like the entire orchestra? Needless to say, she did not provide a complementary response.

While I can say I'd like to have transcriptions of his performance pieces, I know they are for sale on their website. Good concert, though! I like the informational bits between the pieces.

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Very entertaining concert. His touch is perfect! A very nice organ also with an extremely pretty console.
        “I play the notes as they are written, but it is God who makes the music.” - Johann Sebastian Bach
        Organs I Play:
        - Allen 2100(T); 1951 M.P. Moller, 3 manual, 55 stop, 28 ranks, (Opus 8152); and 1965 Balcom and Vaughan 3 manual, 34 stops, 25 ranks (Opus 690)

Comment

• Philip Powell
          Philip Powell commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael, me neither. At the beginning of the video he swings with elevation onto the bench. It definitely is abnormal, but still cool.

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          You can view the video on the Forum here:
          https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...scott-rochdale

• myorgan
          myorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that, Admin. I think I like the "Feature" feature, as long as it's not used too often.

Michael
      Working...
      X