This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great experience using Ubuntu Studio for recording and music production

I am totally impressed with my new Ubuntu Studio Music Production System. I can do live audio recording, mixing, midi composition, drum machines, etc.

If you don't have money to spend on Pro Tools, Cakewalk and others, Check this out.

Check out Ubuntu Studio at: www.ubuntustudio.org.

Re: Great experience using Ubuntu Studio for recording and music production

Greetings,

Are you using just the bundled software? I had considered trying the same thing. You say the studio music production system. Just what all does this entail?

I'd be curious to hear more of your experience.

-Jon

Comment

[quote user="Vercus"]

Greetings,

Are you using just the bundled software? I had considered trying the same thing. You say the studio music production system. Just what all does this entail?

I'd be curious to hear more of your experience.

-Jon

[/quote]

It has been going well. I use the bundled software but I added Audacity for live audio recording and added K3B for its excellent ability in handling Mp3 to DVD and CD's

You must be careful with the audio card drivers. I tried the creative labs sound blaster live and it works. But...Creative does not help woth drivers for Linux so you have to trust the open source technicians to get it right. I experienced crashing and freezing in Ubuntu Studio. The card works very good in other Linux distros.

I am in the process of building an Ubuntu Studio computer with an M-Audio Delta 7.1 this weekend. They say that the M-audio cards work much better with Linux.

I would be glad to share my experiences

I also obtained a Yamaha 25 Pedal board that I intend to convert to MIDI and connect it to Ubuntu Studio.

Comment

I have the same experience too!but i am not

Check out Ubuntu Studio at: www.ubuntustudio.org. but at www.sourcinggate.com

Comment

Linux is always been my favourite, specially Ubuntu. And the softwares given with Ubuntu are awesome. They are robust like the operating system linux. The sound recording and output quality of the Ubuntu is much much superior than other operating system. I have tested in a machine where I have used Ubuntu and different operating system, the difference was quite clear, Ubuntu was clear winner by a mile.

Comment

Working...
          X