Forum Update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Update?

Seems good here, about 6:30pm. Thanks Admin, and everyone behind the scenes who keep this working.
    Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Thanks for the comment. Appreciate the feedback.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Just a couple of things that I can't figure out yet...

Is there a way to see all the threads one has subscribed to, all in one list, like with the old software? I am probably just overlooking it. Also, will posts that you have read, which have not been updated since, look different in the lists, as they did under the old software?

John
      ----------
      Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
      Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
      Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
      Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        You can view your subscriptions in your profile. Click the Subscription tab.
        Threads that you have read have both a different icon and different typography than those that you've not.

Under the old software I had the forum set up to show the latest posts first. The new software defaults to showing the oldest/first post first and I can
      Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
      Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Select the Latest Activity tab instead of Posts at the top of the post list. The first post in the thread is always shown, but the remaining posts are shown newest first.

Also having problems with showing newest posts first--tried the "latest activity" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Comment

I'm showing latest posts first, as before. I looked through settings in top right, did not see anything obvious. jbird604 when I look at threads I have posted in, I see a little icon, with a green arrow pointing towards the left.

I haven't examined different forum 'styles', that can change basic settings. In my view now, at lower left, I have "Default vB5 Style", with a drop arrow to it's right. I see there is that, and an "Organ Forum Default", perhaps try both?

I also see a full square sized block for our avatars (my old one came over OK). My old one was more horizontally rectangle. I see this on other avatars as well, I guess that's showing us what we could have.

EDIT: jbird604, I see when I did the @ Yournick, I see a little icon of your avatar. You might get a notification somewhere, that I mentioned you.
        Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          It appears that the displays are always in chronological order. There's no option to change it.
          If you refer to a member's username in a post, they'll receive a notification, if they've enabled it in their notification options.

Thanks for the update Admin ! Glad to see that it went nice and smooth for you, since the forum is up already. I like the new default style, so have not played with any of the others yet.

I do notice that nobodies Location is showing up though. Mine always said : Central Wisconsin . Perhaps that is just something that will be back soon though ? I rather like to see where everyone is located. It makes giving help easier sometimes.

After browsing about now a bit, I also noticed the nobodies Signatures are showing up anymore. Perhaps they will come back, or will we need to redo them ?
        Last edited by Larrytow; 01-02-2019, 08:00 PM. Reason: More things noticed
        Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the comment. I'll check out the location thing.

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Location is displayed once again, but only in the VB5Default style for now, as this fix is a customization.

Anybody know where the controls are for changing the font sizes and colours of the overall look, pale blue lettering on light grey? Come on guys - obviously not members of the Royal Institute for the Blind!
        Neil Jenson 'Connoisseur' 3/35 VTPO. Gulbransen Rialto II.
        Building a full set of WERSI W3 voice filters and designing new Hammond X-66 voice filters for a new MIDI controlled organ.
        Various Leslie speaker projects including 'Rotosonic' L102, L103, L212S and building a new L122 cabinet.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          There are several alternative styles to choose from. Scroll down to the footer bar and select from the drop down list on the left, same as the old Forum. You can use the zoom function of your browser to make things larger.

• smithge31419
          smithge31419 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you go to My Profile>>Customize My Style>>Content>>Text>>Font Size, you will see an option to change the default (small) to medium or large. Make the change and then click "Save" and you should get a larger font. Unfortunately, it doesn't quit work right. The Page you are viewing (my profile) gets the change, but it does not propagate to other pages viewed.

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          The changes described in #8.2 are for your profile page only and do not affect the appearance of the Forum. That appearance is determined by the style you have chosen in in your Account settings or from the drop down on in the footer bar. At this time the only way to change the font size on this Forum is by using the zoom facility of your browser.

Thanks for the work!
        I run a forum myself and know how much effort one puts behind everything.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the kind words. Migrating data to a new platform is always stressful. It's only when people start using the new software do your realize how much work remains to be done.

I know this isn't a big deal or a high priority, but the duplicate "Safety advice" sticky in the Classic and Church Electronic Organs forum is still there.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I'll take care of it. Eventually, that sticky, and others will be removed and reincarnated as Forum Articles.

Just want to say thanks to the Admins for all the hard work. As a retired IT guy, "been there, done that". You started on time, finished on time, and it appears that it all works. Congratulations!
        Yes, It is a bit different and the documentation is sparse, but welcome to the world of "package" software. Looking forward to getting comfortable with the new package... until you upgrade again.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that no serious issues turn up as users put the new software through its paces. I've fixed some minor things already. I'm sure there'll be more.

I'll be adding some tutorials, tips, and other documentation as time permits. I'm not planning on doing this again any time soon, but you never know!

Admin, I also want to thank you for your hard work.

The Remember Me function doesn't seem to be working. I have to log in every time I access the forum. I'm running Chrome 70.0.3538.110 on Linux Mint 17.3.

Thankis

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm looking into it. Thanks.

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I've resolved that issue. You'll have to delete your browser cookies before signing in again. Let me know how it works out for you.

Congratulations on what appears to be a successful migration. Lots of new things to get used to here.

Sometimes when I had a minute I'd click on the "What's New?" button on the old software without logging in. Then when I had more time I'd log in and read the posts of interest to me, see the photos and comment. With this new software, I don't seem to be able to do that sneak look. If I click on "Today's Posts" without logging in I get the message "You are not authorized to view this page." If I click on "Latest Activity" I get "error unable_to_contact_server_please_try_again."

Also, after responding to a post this AM I don't see it in the list generated by the New Topics button but I see other responses on multiple topics with posting times both before and after my post.
        Last edited by AllenAnalog; 01-03-2019, 09:22 AM.
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand name.

Main: Allen RMWTHEA.3 with Rocky Mount Electra-Piano, Allen 423-C + Gyro cabinet, Britson Opus OEM38, Saville Series IV Opus 209, Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI
        Lower Level: Hammond 9812H with roll player, Gulbransen Rialto, Roland E-200, Vintage Moog
        Shop: Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with 18 speakers and MIDI, 4 Allen theater organ tone cabinets (including 3 Gyros, but don't call me Gyro Gearloose!).

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          The problem with Today's Posts has been fixed. This is actually a search and non-signed-in users did not have that permission. Latest Activity is working in that scenario now as well.

I don't think your own posts will appear in the New Topics list. I know they didn't in the old forum. When you think about it, that makes sense. You've already viewed the post by virtue of creating it. You can easily view your recent posts in the drop down that is displayed when you click your name in the log in area of the uppermost toolbar.

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks good, an as far as I can see no data loss or so. Great work!

Now the other side of the medal... it seems a bit slower to me. And on the old soft I could collapse forum parts that didn't interest me and that I never went to. Haven't found that setting yet.

Comment

I agree, it does seem a bit slower than before, but when dealing with the internet, there are many factors other than server execution speed that affect the overall response time. We'll have to see over time.

Unfortunately, the collapsible topics are not implemented in this software.
          -Admin

Allen 965
          Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
          Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
          Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
          X