Unsubcribe from a particular topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsubcribe from a particular topic

Is there a way to unsubscribe from a specific topic in a forum to which one has subscribed?

Go to your profile page. Click on Subscriptions. Go through the list clicking on the subscribed button to turn it off as desired.
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

• tbeck
      tbeck commented
      Editing a comment
      There are two problems with that. First, it's quite tedious to scroll through all of the topics, even sorted by date. Second, I didn't see the topic I want to unsubscribe from. It would be much simpler to have a button on the header page for each topic to use to unsubscribe.

• gtc
      gtc commented
      Editing a comment
      As for the tedium involved, I believe it's a limitation of the vBulletin forum software. (Admin might chime in on that.)

Not sure why you can't see the particular topic. I can see all of mine back to 2011.

• tbeck
      tbeck commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it's a limitation of the software as well, however this is a forum for suggestions.

I'm not sure why I can't see the specific topic either.

There are two problems with that. First, it's quite tedious to scroll through all of the topics, even sorted by date. Second, I didn't see the topic I want to unsubscribe from. It would be much simpler to have a button on the header page for each topic to use to unsubscribe.
    This is what I see inside a topic I have subscribed to:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Subscribed.png Views:	0 Size:	9.4 KB ID:	769689
    If I hover my mouse over the button, I see this
    Click image for larger version  Name:	UnSubPrompt.png Views:	0 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	769690
    If I now click the button, I've unsubscribed and see this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Subscribe.png Views:	0 Size:	8.9 KB ID:	769691
    Why isn't this what you're requesting?

I'm not sure why I can't see the specific topic either
    Have you checked your filter settings? Have you paged through all of your subscription pages? Sorting by name seems to only sort the item on the current selected page while sorting by date, either ascending or descending, sorts the entire list.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	subList.png Views:	0 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	769692

It's also useful to point out that it is unnecessary to subscribe to topics in channels that you've already subscribed to. If you've done this, I'd suggest cleaning up your subscription list to simplify its management.

For more subscriptions see this
    Subscriptions and Notifications Part I - The Organ Forum
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• tbeck
      tbeck commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Admin.

I mistakenly assumed that the unsubscribe button would unsubscribe me from the channel.

I don't subscribe to topics in channels I've already subscribed to.

• Admin
      Admin commented
      Editing a comment
      As you are now aware, there are separate levels of subscriptions for channels and topics.
Working...
X