Have not been able to access this site for about 24 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not been able to access this site for about 24 hours

For about the last 24 hours I have not been able to access this site, with all my browsers reporting error 500.

Website up-checkers all reported that they could see the site. Traceroutes originating from multiple countries were working. Ping failed.

Clearing cache and cookies made no difference.

I note that the Who's Online function shows some activity dated 09-03-2099
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

Same here.We are both on my last thread.
    A100/251 A100/147 A102/222 B2/142 BV/147 BCV/145 M3/145 M102/145 M111/770 L101/760 T222/HL722 M111/770 no B3/C3!

Comment

I note that the Who's Online function shows some activity dated 09-03-2099
      Maybe we can get some insight about the organ world at the end of this century!

This site was off for day on my computer, too.

Comment

I use the same hosting company as the Organ Forum for my web sites. A check on their status page yesterday indicated issues with server connectivity and today they are still working on some domain name server (DNS) connectivity issues. So when you clicked on the Organ Forum URL, the connection was not made to the correct server in the server farm.

My sites were not affected but many others hosted by this company were. Nothing ever has 100% uptime and glitches do happen. This hosting company does not seem to be any worse than others I have used as far as percentage uptime. And they do take outages seriously. No lives were lost so you can all take a deep breath now.
        Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Steinway AR Duo-Art 7' grand piano, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico grand piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

I tried for several hours with no luck. Here's a screen shot of what I got:
          Floyd

Comment

That's more than the plain white screen that I got.
            Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
            Current: Yamaha AR-100

Comment

There were several sites around the US that began producing 500 errors sometime yesterday. One service I'm aware of stated they were just "doing routine maintenance," but I've been around networks long enough to know there was nothing routine about it. In fact, our tech received a notification about the outage that was suspect. I advised her not to reply to the message, but to call them directly. That solved the problem.

The OrganForum is back up now, so continue as usual, but as always–be aware of any unusual activity on any website, even if just to protect yourself.

Michael
              Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
              • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
              • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
              • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by RogerM View Post
                That's more than the plain white screen that I got.
                I got the plain white screen in Firefox and the same screen as fhuaffe in Chrome.
                -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
                Leslie 147 #F7453.
                Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

This site was down for me, across 3 browsers, Chrome, Brave, and Edge from about 18:00 hrs 9/24/2021 to about 18:00 hrs (EDT) 9/26/2021. 500 error message. Even tried multiple platforms, mobile phone, tablet etc. Same. FYI.
                  Current inventory. Yamaha HX-1 and FX-20, Hammond Colonnade w/ Leslie 720, Kawai XR9000, (2) Technics FN3, FA1, Yamaha Tyros 5, psr 910.
                  Is that enough?

Comment

I don't know exactly when the outage started, but I believe it was out even before 9/24/21. The last activity here was in the morning hours of 9/22 until today just after 3:00 p.m. central time. So I'm guessing it was out four days plus a few hours.

I had several forum members email me asking if I knew what was going on, but of course I had no inside info. I recall that Admin said he would be out of internet reach between about 9/21 and 9/26, so perhaps he became aware of the outage today and arranged to get it fixed. We'll probably hear from him soon.
                    John
                    ----------
                    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• tbeck
                      tbeck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had the same experience.

Stuff happens. Sorry about the outage, but I was wilderness camping in Utah and had no Internet or cell phone coverage for about a week, so was unaware of the problem Obviously the site's back up now. Did you miss it?🥺
                    -Admin

Allen 965
                    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
                    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
                    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• Silken Path
                      Silken Path commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I missed it. Couldn't get past the idea it might be on my end, since I could not see the error message.

• tbeck
                      tbeck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm very glad to have it back.

• myorgan
                      myorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, I missed it too! Kinda like a splinter: You know it's there, but you miss it when it's gone.;-)

After being a week without an Internet connection at home, as soon as I got it fixed I find the Forum down for a few days. Maybe God's trying tell me something!

Michael

Yeahhhh, thank your ever-spinning electrons..
                    Pat

Comment

Just a note to say that I was unable to access the site for about an hour before this. Same symptom as before ... a blank page.
                      -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
                      Leslie 147 #F7453.
                      Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

• Admin
                        Admin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Aware of the problem and working on a solution with our ISP

• gtc
                        gtc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you.

Any amount of time this site is unavailable is far worse than Facebook being offline for a day. I love my Organ Forum community.

Comment

• gtc
                        gtc commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't have nor want FB, but I agree about OF.
                    Working...
                    X