Today's Posts feature gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Posts feature gone?

Until about 24 hours ago, I used to be able to click on a thing labeled (IIRC) Today's Posts but now it has gone. All I can see now is Unread Posts and that lists pages of stuff that I don't want to scroll through.
    -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
    Leslie 147 #F7453.
    Hammond S-6 #72421

I navigated to this post from Today's Posts.

Comment

Same here. Without that feature, the Organ Forum is not the same.
      Mike

My home organ is a circa 1990 Galanti Praeludium III, with Wicks/Viscount CM-100 module supplying extra voices. I also have an Allen MDS Theatre II (princess pedalboard!) with an MDS II MIDI Expander.

Comment

Here's what I see now:

Click image for larger version  Name:	tpgone.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.1 KB ID:	800068
        Attached Files
        -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
        Leslie 147 #F7453.
        Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

... and suddenly, it's back. Bizarre.

Click image for larger version  Name:	tpback.jpg Views:	0 Size:	174.4 KB ID:	800074
          -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
          Leslie 147 #F7453.
          Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

The problem was caused by a recent software upgrade and user role promotion for some users. It has now been fixed.
            -Admin

Allen 965
            Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
            Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
            Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• Admin
              Admin commented
              Editing a comment
              BTW, All links that return a list of posts, e.g. Today's Posts and Unread Posts, are searches that can be conducted using the Advanced Search feature of the Forum.

• gtc
              gtc commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I figured that out, but having one click in the menu is much easier. Thanks for fixing this.

I'm rather curious as to why, given the options, anyone would use Today's Posts rather than Unread Posts. Out of the box, the Forum is configured to show Unread Posts to signed in users and Today's posts to those who are not. I added back the Today's Posts option for signed in users at the request of a moderator, but it is essentially a more restricted, less functional version of Unread Posts.
            -Admin

Allen 965
            Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
            Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
            Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              I'm rather curious as to why, given the options, anyone would use Today's Posts rather than Unread Posts.
              Speaking for myself, when I click on Unread Posts I get 5 pages of them. They are unread for me because I am not interested in reading them. I had already seen them listed as a "Today's Post" when they were originally posted and left them unread.

On some other forum sites there's a Mark All as Read type function which I use to globally extinguish any that I don't want to read.
              -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
              Leslie 147 #F7453.
              Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

• Admin
                Admin commented
                Editing a comment
                When you are done reading the posts you're interested in, you can clear the remaining unread posts by clicking either the Mark This Channel Read button at the bottom of a channel's topic list to clear the unread posts from a single channel or globally for all channels by clicking the Mark Channels Read button at the bottom of the Forum Home Page. I quickly scroll to the bottom of the Home Page using the Bottom button in navbar.

Not related: I checked "Who is online?" section and found some members with futuristic last action date and time 😯😯
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20220520_155934.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	800086

Comment

• Admin
                Admin commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the heads up. This may be an artifact of the Forum software update or some other unknown reason. I noticed that those users with future activity dates appear to be always online. If you click on a username, their name card is displayed with the correct activity dates.

This issue has now been fixed.
                Last edited by Admin; 05-20-2022, 10:35 AM.
            Working...
            X