Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you load a youtube video in a post?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you load a youtube video in a post?

I have always put a link. Lately I have noticed actual videos in a post. Cool! How do you do it?
    Hammond A-102
    Hammond M3 - project
    Hammond PR-40 tone cabinet
    Leslie 145
    One Leslie 60 and one 70 for use with Rhodes and Wurlitzer piano

1. On the YouTube site, click the Share button under the video or the Share link that appears in the frame above the video.
    2. Copy the URL that is displayed. Do not use the Embed option. It will not work in a post.
    3. In the Organ Forum message editor, click the icon on the editor's toolbar that resembles a strip of film
    4. Paste in the URL from YouTube in the message box that appears.
    5. Click Ok
    6. Post your message.

-Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Joe,
      The YouTube Embed code does not work in a post. I edited your post to make it work when I moderated it. Use the method in the previous message.

And, thanks for the post.
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

WOW! That Jelani dude can really play! That was fantastic! I need start reading the other forums more often!

Comment

Thanks Admin,
          I deleted my incorrect info to avoid confusion. Thanks for running a cool Forum.
          Joe - KillerB3
          Last edited by KillerB3; 10-03-2012, 08:13 PM. Reason: doubled text

Comment

For some reason I can't figure this out. For awhile I put videos in posts with no problems. Currently I can post a link but no video. Has something changed? What am I doing wrong? Help!

*additional info - I posted videos twice on 9/15/13 with no problems. I am trying to post a video in the "practice and performance" section. I can't seem to figure it out. As a test I'm going to try to post it here.

Simple embed was the only way to get it done.
            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IqCGFA4VyJk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

*even more info - here is the thread that will not embed: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...-Collaborative
            Why does it embed in this thread but not the other?.
            Last edited by Juan; 09-17-2013, 11:30 PM.
            Hammond A-102
            Hammond M3 - project
            Leslie 145

Comment

Try posting a video via Go Advanced button below, left. It works that way for me when the other way doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by blhristov View Post
                Try posting a video via Go Advanced button below, left. It works that way for me when the other way doesn't.
                I will try this right now.

*I tried it but this also failed. I'm unclear on exactly what I am looking for in the advanced area.
                Hammond A-102
                Hammond M3 - project
                Leslie 145

Comment

Push movie button, paste YT vid address, save. I am not sure it works with vid link other than to YT.

Comment

You're looking for the icon in the editor bar that looks like a filmstrip. If you don't see it, you're using a simple editor and should go to your settings and choose a different forum editor.

Or you can copy the URL

http://youtu.be/IqCGFA4VyJk

then type [*video] and [*/video] before and after the link but without the asterisks.

[*video] http://youtu.be/IqCGFA4VyJk[*/video]

(Enter above without asterisks)

I had no problem editing your P & P post to embed the video.
                    Last edited by Admin; 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM.
                    -Admin

Allen 965
                    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

What and where is the editor bar? I don't see the filmstrip. I went to settings. I can't find anything there about this.
                      I still find it odd that I can embed a video in some posts but not others.

I tried the ... no worky

sorry I'm beating this to death. It's like having a dead tone on my organ. I must fix it.
                      Hammond A-102
                      Hammond M3 - project
                      Leslie 145

Comment

Editor bar is the bar with icons below at bottom, where you put your replies. 4th icon on the right from the smilie is the Vid icon

Comment

Originally posted by blhristov View Post
                          Editor bar is the bar with icons below at bottom, where you put your replies. 4th icon on the right from the smilie is the Vid icon
                          Thank you my brother. Just what I needed. Now I can rest.
                          Hammond A-102
                          Hammond M3 - project
                          Leslie 145

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                            You're looking for the icon in the editor bar that looks like a filmstrip. If you don't see it, you're using a simple editor and should go to your settings and choose a different forum editor.
                            I was not seeing the full editor bar that included the filmstrip icon. I changed my settings. Now it all works. You guys are fab. I love this forum
                            Hammond A-102
                            Hammond M3 - project
                            Leslie 145

Comment

Working...
                            X