This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Refer to a Specific Post

It's often desirable to refer others to a specific post within a thread. Here's the best way to do that.

Every post within a given thread is identified with a number. This number appears on the right of the posted message's title bar. You'll find #1 in this message's title bar.

Simply click on the number and this link will appear Click image for larger version

Name:	PostLink.png
Views:	10
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	747670

Copy and paste into your post.

You might be tempted to simply refer to a post by saying it is on such and such a page in a thread. Unfortunately, that won't work as the page number is dependent upon an individual's user setting, i.e. display order, number of posts per page, etc.
    Last edited by Admin; 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM. Reason: Updated with simplified method.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

I just click on "Reply With Quote." Then delete the text I don't want to include from the original post. That way there's no question what I am responding to.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
      I just click on "Reply With Quote." Then delete the text I don't want to include from the original post. That way there's no question what I am responding to.

Michael
      Well yes, that's the correct way of responding to a post, but what I'm talking about here is a referencing a post. For example, when a question is asked and you wish to refer the asker to a specific post or range of posts in a different topic.

Your method will only work if the post you are referring to is in the same topic.
      Last edited by Admin; 11-18-2020, 11:59 AM. Reason: clarified answer
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
      X