This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a first time for many things, John -
    I've been on here for over a decade and just recently saw a need to use that pesky Quote system...
    I suppose it just as easy to copy and paste and say ... John said: "This is the very first time I have ever clicked on "reply with quote" in all the years I've been on this forum."
    Like Michael (myorgan) said "P.S. Now, about your signature.... Surely, that means something to someone?!" Yes, Michael... My real first name is Roger and I live in Memphis, Tennessee... last name is unusual enough to be best left out on this and other forums and groups... that simple. BTW, John, I was born just a few miles south of Gravel Ridge, AR and spent my first eleven years there (LR) Hope you guys don't think I'm a total blockhead [';'] ... maybe I've got this Quote thing nailed down now. Whew!
    Cheers !
    Roger Memphis
    C-3 with O-M, 145, 122RV, 2 PR-40's, PSR-36
    CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Memphis View Post
      Like Michael (myorgan) said "P.S. Now, about your signature.... Surely, that means something to someone?!"
      Roger,

I'm sorry, I misled you. Your signature line appears below your posts. Yours says: C-3 w/ O-M, 145, 122RV, 2 PR-40's, PSR-36 -&- CV w/ HR-40, 2 B-40's ... (gave the beloved M-3 away). My signature line refers to the instruments I have, and appears below this post.

Michael
      Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
      • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
      • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
      • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

I must confess, I'm a bit mystified by the difficulties people are experiencing. Just click the Reply with Quote link instead of the Reply link below the post you are replying to. Yes, as explained in my post on this, you can get fancier and edit, quote multiple threads, or chop quotes up, but 99% of the time you can do what you want with no thought or instruction required by clicking with.....wait for it......the Reply With Quote link.

BTW, if I see people quoting other posts using " " marks they get a PM from me requesting them to use the Forum's quoting system. I know several forums that are very strict about this. Some of the advantages to the quoting system are:
        • Visual clarity as to what is being quoted
        • Automatic user attribution to the user being quoted
        • Automatic link to the full post being quoted.

This makes things easier for those reading your posts.

If anything in my post on how to utilize is confusing or unclear, let me know so that I can clarify it.

Thanks for using the quoting system.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
          P.S. Now, about your signature.... Surely, that means something to someone?!
          Ahhh, Signature LINE... sorry I misunderstood.... practicing my Reply With Quote while trying to answer your comment... but I think surely* you jest.
          Model C-3 Hammond with a couple of Leslies and a couple of Hammond Tone Cabinets ... plus... an old Hammond Model CV and 3 very old Hammond Tone Cabinets .
          *and don't call me Shirley!
          Roger Memphis
          CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Roger, you may be the only person I've known on this forum who knows where Gravel Ridge is! You are certainly a fine fella.
            John
            ----------
            Church: Allen MDS-45 with Allen MIDI-DIVISION-II expander
            Home: Allen Renaissance R-230 with expanded four-channel audio and MIDI-DIVISION-II
            Shop: Bunch of organs in varying conditions, some good, some not...
            Half of an incredible two-man organ service team -- servicing all the major digitals in Arkansas churches
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Originally posted by jbird604 View Post
              Roger, you may be the only person I've known on this forum who knows where Gravel Ridge is! You are certainly a fine fella.

Well thanks, John... but it may be just an illusion. Daughter lives in Ft. Smith... I'll try to drop by GR on my way sometime.
              Take care !

Roger Memphis
              CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Working...
              X