This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator approval?

I have been told I have to wait for moderator approval for my post to go through. What's this about??
    Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
    I have been told I have to wait for moderator approval for my post to go through. What's this about??
    Do you have a link for the post, or the name of the Forum you were posting in?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Even though you are no longer moderated, this will happen if the thread you posted to is under moderation.
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Now you know what stop and frisk feels like when you haven't done anything wrong....
        -----------------
        Johannus Opus 1100 (ca. 1990)

Comment

Originally posted by DrBen View Post
          Now you know what stop and frisk feels like when you haven't done anything wrong....
          Oh' my, that George Soros...I believe he has one half of my America people stopping and frisking the other half for his death bed wish. Some joke ay', lucky Canadian? Hey, your Canadian Stefan Molyneux ( youtube search Stefan Molyneux ) is a great guy to listen to on many subjects, not least of which getting HRC 'not elected'... uh' oh' was that for the sandbox...come now moderators, excuse me for my after election purge...we all need it, some election, shweww!

But enough of that. Seems a local Dayton Ohio resident has come by a freebie on C'list, a nice looking LOWREY DSO-1 that he has offered me due to our close proximity. Not sure of price, probably very low as it needs some internal work, which he has started. Let me tell you, I am AMAZED at the sound of the LOWREY DSO-1's !! Listen to some of RORY MORE's videos on Youtube here> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4...W6r12vqOjEhvGg
          This guy is awesome at bringing out the jaw dropping tone of the DSO-1 [ btw the DSO is same organ, just no repeat percussion]. Listen to his other music. The tracks from his album/CD are beautiful, and aren't really organ based particularly. A superb song writer/producer/organist.

I actually had a minty DSO-1 in my grasp for free about 15 years ago, but between the time I looked at the organ and the week after when I was to pick it up, my then girlfriend and I had a break up...a final break up. Stupid me, I could have gotten the organ anyway because I had plenty of room in my Dodge 77' Power Wagon truck with it's capped bed, buuut I think I was so psychotic I forgot about the organ until I was 3 States away Ahhh youth... so maybe this is my chance to finally land a DSO-1. We'll see.

I am almost finished, finally, with my 1946 -50'ish ( but mine is a very early one, so probably a 46') WURLITZER Electrostatic Keyed Free-Reed SERIES 31 ORGATRON & 310 "VIBRATO SPEAKER". There are 4 multi-value-per-can can-caps on the main amp chassis and two huge 4000uf@25vdc for the reeds high voltage ( HUUUGE) SELENIUM RECTIFIER supply. I happened to have two near new 3000uf@35vdc can caps and one new 2200uf@35V. Since they are wired in parallel this will work out fine. I actually removed giant aluminum single-4000uf can from the black cardboard with red writing, sleeves and 'stuffed' the 3000uf inside. Pretty easy, just cut strips from a cardboard box and role up a piece to place under the newer smaller cap to elevate it. Then wrap the newer smaller cap with the cardboard so it fits snugly into the old cardboard tube. I put black tape around top to secure. There is an m shaped dual-cap clamp with single screw in the short flat span between the two halves of the m. SO it all looks original from the outside. As far as tracking down and buying proper multi-value caps-per-can, can caps, I always just install new single radial or axial values that I pre-test and measure, and mount inside the amps chassis. Saves major cash. I found SIXTY 10uf@450vdc for $10.89 to my door! These Orgatrons have 9 SAFETY FUSES!! So as a player/owner I don't mind using less expensive caps which I have hand selected/tested from a huge batch. When I can afford it ( I have 3 more organs to R&R!) I will upgrade caps to Mullard, Atom, or Sprague. Internally though I have used all NEW 'ORANGE DROPS/DIPS'[ DME metalized polyester film] and NEW MUSTARD (yellow, but not dipped like original axials)[ PPT polypropylene film] capacitors.

I'll tell you, the old wax capacitors driiiiift! Especially after 70 years. The old plastic maroon (CONN) and plastic blue ( FENDER, THOMAS...and maybe LESLIE since they are all in SUPULVEDA,CA where the caps were manf.), I have some dating back to 1960' that are right on the money! Caps always drift upward in value that I have experienced, so I theorize that given the + or - 10% accuracy ratings on the values, possibly these dead on the money 50+ year old caps actually spec'ed low when new and drifted up to dead-on or only slightly high. That said, I always put in my R & R's slightly lower spec'ed new values if I have enough of the same value to do a batch test. That is, if I am running low on dead on the money spec'ed new to complete a project.

I am going to write a thread about the progress of the Orgatron. Interesting, that the low back 30/31 consoles and the upright 20 console, are the same organ on the inside, less the few extra parts for the 32 pedals of the 20's versus the 25 pedals on the 30, and also the 20's have more tabs for the pedals. The 30/31's only have two tabs- 'DOUBLE BASS' and 'OCTAVE BASS'.
          Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
          Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
          Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
          Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
          PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

Working...
          X