This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Cross-Domain Messaging Helper

Am I the only one having problems with the subject item when using this forum? I get one or more levels of this link when I use the forum and have to hit the Back button several times (or right-click and pick a different level) to exit a page. This does not happen with other fora that I frequent.

David

Haven't seen your problem, but I'm pretty sure it's not a forum issue.

First, though, are you using Facebook to sign in to forum?
    Do you have a Facebook account? Are you logged into it when this problem occurs.
    What is the browser and its version are you using?
    What browser extensions are enabled?

Several years back there was a problem with Google's doubleclick ad service leaving a trail in the browser's navigation history that necessitated the back button being hit more than once on some occasions. That was due to a p*ssing match between Google and Microsoft on standards, which apparently was resolved one way or another because I haven't seen it for a long time.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

There are now 3 instances of it in the Back button.

Comment

I'm not seeing the problem with IE 11 on Windows 10, although I now use Edge as my day-to-day browser. I suspect that the problem is related to the banner ads on the forum. These are served by Google and customized based on your individual browsing history. Google determines that by looking at cookies that Facebook and other sites you visit places on your machine. It's possible one of the ads that is served to you is the culprit

If you haven't already done so try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Try a different browser, such as Chrome, and see if you have the same problem. Last but not least, do a thorough scan of your machine for malware.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
        X