This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Titles in the Various Forums

I have noticed that the lists of threads in the various categories of forums show some threads with their titles
    in bold font while other titles are not bold. They don't remain the same either. What is the
    significance of this? Thanks for any replies.
    Roger Memphis
    Last edited by Roger Memphis; 01-16-2017, 09:01 PM.
    C-3 with O-M, 145, 122RV, 2 PR-40's, PSR-36
    CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Did you notice the envelope icons to the left of the titles and how they're different depending on whether the text is bolded or not? When viewing the list of threads, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find a legend for the thread icons. The open envelope means that the thread contains posts you have not read. The closed envelope means you've read all the posts in that thread. I'll leave the difference between the blue and pink icons as an exercise.

Of course, in order for the Forum to know whether you've read posts or not, it must know who you are, so you need to be signed in.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Did you notice the envelope icons to the left of the titles ...[YES]
      and how they're different depending on whether the text is bolded or not? ... [NO - seems to be no correlation - Please explain]
      When viewing the list of threads, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find a legend for the thread icons.
      The open envelope means that the thread contains posts you have not read. ... [I have a 27" desk monitor - open & closed legends look the same]
      The closed envelope means you've read all the posts in that thread. ...[I got that. Actually haven't read them all; have just been there]
      I'll leave the difference between the blue and pink icons as an exercise. ... [Mine have Pink, Blue and Grey - I still see no correlation - I'm too sedentary for exercise]

Of course, in order for the Forum to know whether you've read posts or not, it must know who you are, so you need to be signed in.
      [The Forum signs me in automatically when I open it.]
      CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

Here are three post icons. Click on the image.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	threadIcons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	600554

Are you telling me that you see no difference, other than color, between the top two icons and the bottom one? If you don't, there's nothing more I can say. If you do, which envelope icon is used with bold text? Which envelope icon is used with regular text? Now find an instance anywhere on the forum where the association of the icon image and text bolding differ from the example. (hint: there are none, ipso facto correlation).
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

[QUOTE=Admin;440196]Are you telling me that you see no difference, other than color, between the top two icons and the bottom one? QUOTE]

NO ! I said "open & closed *legends* look the same."
          Your comments make reference to Pink and Blue, but say nothing about Grey. Certainly I can see the difference in those.
          In your attachment, BOTH Pink and Blue have Bold titles, so there seems to be no correlation there.
          Please just forget the entire matter, Admin. I'm sorry I asked. I'll get clarification from one of my Moderator friends
          in a private conversation.
          Roger Memphis
          CV with HR-40, 2 B-40's

Comment

I asked you
            Originally posted by Admin View Post
            Did you notice the envelope icons to the left of the titles and how they're different depending on whether the text is bolded or not? When viewing the list of threads, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find a legend for the thread icons. The open envelope means that the thread contains posts you have not read. The closed envelope means you've read all the posts in that thread. I'll leave the difference between the blue and pink icons as an exercise.
            You said you didn't.
            Originally posted by Roger Memphis View Post
            Did you notice the envelope icons to the left of the titles ...[YES]
            and how they're different depending on whether the text is bolded or not? ... [NO - seems to be no correlation - Please explain]
            Now you say:
            Originally posted by Roger Memphis View Post
            Certainly I can see the difference in those....

In your attachment, BOTH Pink and Blue have Bold titles, so there seems to be no correlation there.

From the legend:
            A closed gray envelope icon indicates a thread with no new posts.
            A closed pink envelope icon indicates a hot thread with no new posts.
            An open blue envelope icon indicates a thread with new posts.
            An open pink envelope icon indicates a hot thread with new posts.

So... the correlation is this:
            open envelope of any color - thread contains new posts - text is bold
            closed envelope of any color - thread contains no new posts - text is regular

Please just forget the entire matter, Admin. I'm sorry I asked. I'll get clarification from one of my Moderator friends
            in a private conversation.
            Roger Memphis
            I'm trying to be helpful and answer your question.
            Last edited by Admin; 01-17-2017, 03:49 PM.
            -Admin

Allen 965
            Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
            X