Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timed out when composing reply to a thread ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timed out when composing reply to a thread ...

I was composing a reply to a thread tonight which probably took all of 5 or 6 minutes and when I hit "submit" I found that I was automatically logged off from the site. I had properly logged in for this visit.

Is there a time limit of inactivity before one is logged off automatically? And can this be turned off when composing a reply in an existing thread?

Thanks for any advice.

Originally posted by Piperdane View Post
    I was composing a reply to a thread tonight which probably took all of 5 or 6 minutes and when I hit "submit" I found that I was automatically logged off from the site. I had properly logged in for this visit.
    Piper,

It happens to me all the time. I've gotten into the habit of copying my post before I attempt to post, if it's been a while. I believe there is another option: When you log onto the Forum, there is a checkbox for something like, "Keep me logged in." I never use it, but I understand that would help.

Originally posted by Piperdane View Post
    Is there a time limit of inactivity before one is logged off automatically? And can this be turned off when composing a reply in an existing thread?
    I have never seen or heard of a time limit (to my recollection), but I'm sure there is one.

I hope this helps.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 10 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Unless you click "Remember Me" when you sign-in, you will be signed-out after 15 minutes of inactivity. Inactivity is defined from the server's perspective and the server only knows you're active when you click on something. Typing a message in an editor doesn't count because that is done on your local machine and no messages are sent to the server to indicate that you are actively engaged on the site.

The behavior of this site is no different than any other site that requires a sign-in in that if you don't choose to be remembered, or automatically signed-in, your session will time-out after a period of inactivity. This behavior is by design for security and resource reasons.

All this is covered in the FAQ: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...ing-Logged-Out

The Forum has an autosave system that allows you to recover your editing session if it is unexpectedly terminated. Again, that's covered in the FAQ.

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...7811-Auto-Save
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Great explanations ... thank you both for your kind responses.

Comment

Working...
        X