Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member List

Admin,

Of no great import but in Member List the number of posts is now tagged onto the end of Join Date, giving some strange dates. The columns on the right all seem a bit squashed together.

More importantly, to me, you can no longer see the total number of members which used to be displayed at the bottom of the page. It would be good if this can be restored.
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

What and where are you clicking to view the member list?

I see the Forum Statistics at the bottom, right above the footer bar, of the Forum home page.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I was clicking on Member List at the top of the page, which is where I thought the information was. I now see Forum Statistics at the bottom of the page - thank you. Must have been having a senior moment.

The columns in Member List are compressed, at least they are on my iPad. They didn’t used to be under the old software - unless I’m having another senior moment.

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm a bit frazzled after returning from a four day camping trip, but I don't see the words Member List in the menu bars at the top of page. Can you post a link to the page that displays the list?
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

So far as I can see right now, any and every page has the following links in the menu bar at the top - New Topics, Today’s Posts, Who’s Online, Member List, Calendar. Perhaps something to look at when you’ve recovered from your trip. The world won’t come to an end in the meantime!

I don’t know how to get my iPad to display the URL of the actual Member List page(s) and the PC is down at the moment, so I can’t send the link you ask for - not without some guidance anyway.

Comment

When I click on Member List using the Firefox browser I see the columns properly formatted with a space between the Join Date column and the Posts column. So I'm guessing this is an iPad browser related problem.
            Larry is my name; Allen is an organ brand. Allen RMWTHEA.3 with RMI Electra-Piano; Allen 423-C+Gyro; Britson Opus OEM38; Saville Series IV Opus 209; Steinway AR Duo-Art, Mills Violano Virtuoso with MIDI; Hammond 9812H with roll player; Gulbransen Rialto; Roland E-200; Mason&Hamlin AR Ampico piano, Allen ADC-5300-D with MIDI.

Comment

Thanks, Larry. I wondered that but I don’t think it was a problem under the old forum software. Hopefully Admin will be able to sort it but it’s no big deal if he can’t.

Comment

Ok, the menu bars are customized by role and did not, for some reason, have the Member List item enabled for Administrators.:embarrassed:

Anyway, I don't see your problem on my Android phone or Windows desktop using any of the big three browsers. Having said that, this site is a responsive design meaning that it adjusts its layout to the screen dimensions of the device it is being viewed on, or more precisely, your browser adjusts the layout.

There are edge cases where, depending on the device and the browser being used, where the layout does not display properly because the dimensions of the screen are such that the browser fails to make the necessary formatting change. Adjusting the size of the browser window to a slightly smaller size should wrap the content as needed. If that's not possible, try a different browser. Nothing I can help with.
                -Admin

Allen 965
                Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

No problem. Thanks for looking.

[Edit: On reflection I think this issue has arisen since adoption of the new software, not as a result of it.]

Comment

• Admin
                    Admin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The old software was not a responsive design and the format of the member list has changed.

• RogerM
                    RogerM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    OK, noted. Thanks.
                Working...
                X