Persistent nonsense notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistent nonsense notification

This notification doesn't seem to go away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	655121

Haven't seen this before. How long has this been going on? Have you tried dismissing the notice with a desktop browser? Does the notification appear in the list when you click on See All Notifications? What happens if you click on -1 others?
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

1) about 12 hours.
      2) yes
      3) yes
      4) nothing; it doesn't appear to be a link.

Comment

I have gotten it too, quite frequently in fact. It always names one user and "-1 other users" and has a blank for the thread name they supposedly posted on. It started quite some time ago, shortly after the new software went into effect. I just dismiss it when it appears, because it is useless. It is not a live link to anything, best I can tell.

My GUESS has been that it was a notification erroneously generated when someone commented or posted on a subscribed topic, then deleted their posting before I ever saw it. Thus the count of "-1" users. But that was simply my speculation when I first saw this. It's slightly annoying, but if it can't be eliminated I'll just ignore it.
        John
        ----------
        *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the additional info. I suspect you're right in your analysis. Our ISP was updating our database servers yesterday and I assumed that this issue was related to that, and it's possible that it is, but since you've seen it previously, I think that the notification is for a no longer present post. The question is whether OP tried to dismiss it or not.

Originally posted by KC9UDX View Post
        This notification doesn't seem to go away.
        jbird604 said his notification is dismissible. Are you saying yours is not?
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• KC9UDX
          KC9UDX commented
          Editing a comment
          It was not. It would immediately return. But just now I dismissed it and it hasn't returned yet.
      Working...
      X