Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange login errors - Mac High Sierra, Firefox

Hello,

I tried logging in on a page earlier and instead of the login boxes, a miniaturized Organ Forum came up in a dropdown. Mac OS High Sierra, Firefox. It's sporadic and I haven't been able to reproduce it on Chrome. Picture is attached. It also would sometimes say that I was using an adblocker, which I am not and have not ever. I was unable to log in on that page no matter what. Seems bizarre. This was the page I was on: https://organforum.com/forums/forum/organ-marketplace/member-classifieds/church-classical-classifieds/656176-allen-organ-301b-now-free

Click image for larger version

Name:	Organforum sign in error.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	656349
    Allen ADC-220 - 1986; Conn 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    P22 piano/10 keyboards/synths; 10 accordions; Ntv Am. Flute/PAC112V guitar/etc

I've not seen this problem, but it occurred because for some reason the log-in form could not be displayed. That could have been due to a server problem on our end or something local to your configuration on your end. FWIW, I don't use FireFox on regular basis, but I did try, unsuccessfully, to reproduce your problem.

The ad blocker notification may occur if you've blocked trackers in your FireFox Content Blocking settings by selecting the Strict or Custom option.
    This would be unrelated to the log-in problem.
    Again, I could not reproduce this in FireFox on my Windows machine using these settings.

The best thing to do when you encounter a browser problem is to clear the browser's cache and cookies as this prevents any malformed or otherwise corrupt items cached on your machine from be reloaded and causing problems. The other thing, which you should be doing regularly anyway, is to perform a virus scan.

Third party browser extensions can also cause local problems and can be serious security risks. I avoid them.

FireFox has had some glitches lately with their browser extensions.
    Some Firefox users started to notice that installed browser extensions were all disabled in the web browser suddenly.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Thank you. I don't have anything other than the standard settings, Shockwave Flash and the pre-installed Mozilla plugins (video codec), and run Malwarebytes. But it hasn't happened again so that's good. Good that it's not affecting other people that we know of either.
      Allen ADC-220 - 1986; Conn 465 Deluxe Caprice w/pair of 144 pipe speakers; Kimball: R-80 Broadway, S-20 Valencia III; Western Cottage Organ Co. Reed Organ
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      P22 piano/10 keyboards/synths; 10 accordions; Ntv Am. Flute/PAC112V guitar/etc

Comment

Working...
      X