Classifieds Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classifieds Questions

It is not possible to reply to any classifieds by design (any responses to ads are supposed to go through PM). Is the topic (ad) creator able to post additional information to a classified topic (model numbers, more pictures, or status info: for sale, sold, out of stock, quantity still available, etc.) after the initial post?

I'd like to subscribe to a few of the classified channels but clicking the button gives me an error that I'm "not authorized to view this page." Are classified channels not subscribe-able? Or (more likely) am I doing something wrong?
    Sam
    Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
    Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Because it is not possible to reply to classifieds topics, topics in the Classifieds channels have no time limit on editing or deleting as do other Forum channels. This enables the topic's creator to modify or remove their information as necessary.

Subscriptions to the Classifieds channel are now enabled.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Good to know. Thanks Admin.
      Sam
      Home: Allen ADC-4500 Church: Allen MDS-5
      Files: Allen Tone Card (TC) Database, TC Info, TC Converter, TC Mixer, ADC TC SF2, and MOS TC SF2, ADC TC Cad/Rvt, MOS TC Cad/Rvt, Organ Database, Music Library, etc. PM for unlinked files.

Comment

Another couple of Classifieds questions here : What do the numbers in parenthesis mean behind each subsection ? For example : "Church & Classical Classifieds (11/25)" It does not seem to indicate new ads, so I'm wondering what it is / why it is there ?

Also, is it OK to put links in an ad ? Say to a photo album of more photos than the 5 allowed in the ad ? Or to a video ?
        Regards, Larry

At Home : Yamaha Electones : EX-42 ( X 3 ! ), E-5AR ( X 2, 1 parts, 1 not ), D80 ( parts ), FX-1, FX-20, HS-7T ( parts ), EL-25 ( X 2, 1 chopped, 1 not ). Allen organs : T12-A, T-12B, ADC-6000D. Baldwin 626. Hammond Concorde. Lowrey CH32-1. A bunch of Synthesizers and Keyboards. At Churches I play for : Allen Q325 ( with VISTA ), Hammond A105, Baldwin 720T, Several small and medium size pipe organs of many sorts and builders.

Comment

• Larrytow
          Larrytow commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah, that makes sense - sort of. I thought that replys were not allowed in classifieds, so having more posts than topics seems strange.

And yes I see the numbers in parenthesis all the time. I'm using Firefox if that matters.

• samibe
          samibe commented
          Editing a comment
          Replies aren't allowed but there have been a few topics that started in other places on the forum and got moved to the classifieds after a few replies.

• Larrytow
          Larrytow commented
          Editing a comment
          Well OK, that makes perfect sense now ! Thank you.
      Working...
      X