Digest no more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digest no more?

I replied to a post in the middle of a thread and my reply became a separate post at the end of the thread. Is this a new change, or just a freak event?

Thread replies have always gone to the end of the thread. Comments, on the other hand, are associated with a particular post and appear under it in the Posts view. In the Latest view, both posts and comments are displayed in strict reverse chronological order.

What does your question have to do with Digests?
    Last edited by Admin; 09-21-2019, 10:31 AM.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
      Thread replies have always gone to the end of the thread. Comments, on the other hand, are associated with a particular post and appear under it in the Posts view. In the Latest view, both posts and comments are displayed in strict reverse chronological order.

What does your question have to with Digests?
      Thread replies with quotes "normally" (since the upgrade) attach to the post, not to the end of the thread. This one went to the bottom of the thread, the "old" way.

Comment

Originally posted by KC9UDX View Post
        I replied to a post in the middle of a thread and my reply became a separate post at the end of the thread. Is this a new change, or just a freak event?
        Let's see if it happens here. And it does.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to click the Comment link to associate your reply with a post.

As I said, replies to a post always, and always have since day one, been appended to the end of the thread in the Posts view. Quoting or not has no affect on this behavior.

The previous version of this Forum software had two mechanisms to reply to a post. A button at the top of page and a button in the toolbar below the post. In the default view, Posts, both appeared to do the same thing and the reply appeared at the end of the thread; however, if you clicked the reply button below the post, the reply would appear associated with the post itself in the hierarchy tree of the multi-threaded and hybrid forum views. I don't think anyone, including myself, ever used the threaded view of the old software, so most were unaware of the difference. Apparently, the software developers also felt that the multi-thread views weren't being used and the multi-thread views were dropped and replaced with a single level of threading in the form of comments.

If you want to associate your reply with a particular post, click the Comment button below the post.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Working...
        X