Logging in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging in

I have always logged in as ‘remember me’ and never had any trouble. All of a sudden I am (most times) now treated as a guest when I first use the forum after a break and have to log in again. The same applies to another forum I use regularly. I haven’t knowingly changed any settings so why is this and what is the remedy, please?
    Previous: Elka Crescendo 303, Technics G7, Yamaha EL-90
    Current: Yamaha AR-100

Remember Me places a cookie on your machine that the Forum uses to log you in automatically. So, if the cookie is not present, you'll have to sign in again. Using InPrivate or Incognito browsing modes delete all cookies on exit and cookie settings in conventional browsing modes can also remove cookies when the browser is closed.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Admin,

Sorry for the delay - my broadband has been down. Half-an-hour on the phone with my provider, two hours with the telephone engineer and a new router and I am now back up and running.

Still the same devices - iPad and desktop PC. Cookies were deleted; this has long been a recommended move to reduce delays. I am logging in now with User Name and Password which presumably creates new cookies but ‘remember me’ is not working. Any further thoughts? I am not knowingly browsing incognito.

Roger

Comment

If Remember Me isn't working, then the cookie it generates is being destroyed by the browser. This can happen for the reasons given above, or if you explicitly log out.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
        Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

I eventually found I was in private browsing mode and having rectified that, after spending some time finding out how to do so, everything is now back to where it was. Thanks, Admin, for putting me on the right track.

Comment

Working...
          X