Private Messages without Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages without Content

I have gotten some private messages from a new member and the messages contain no content that I can see--but there is some content in my notification email (though not complete contents). I had this problem previously, and it seemed to be related to being over my quote of messages.

Is there any way the forum can notify members when they have reached the limit of messages or are getting close?

Private Messaging changed with the upgrade to VBulletin 5 in 2019. Private messages are now treated like Forum posts, i.e. there is a topic and related replies rather than a collection of individual messages. For Registered Users, the private message quota is 1000 topics. The quota does not included replies. This means you can start up to 1000 private messages and not delete any of them prior reaching your quota. An email is sent when you've reached 90% of your quota. At that time you can go to your message center and permanently delete messages in your Inbox, Sent Items, and Trash folders that you no longer want in order to free up space. I checked your private message usage and you're not even close half way to your quota.

Most likely what is happening is that users are sending you Visitor Messages, not Private Messages. Visitor Messages show up in your profile activity, not in your Private Message box. You can control whether or from whom you wish to receive Visitor Messages in your User Settings.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Same thing just happened to me. Got an email notification that I had received a "private" message. Email included a truncated preview. Opened up the message in Message Center... The message is there begging for me to reply, unfortunately, the original message is completely blank (even the truncated preview text is missing). It's in my inbox as a message, just NO content. Help!

Comment

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        Was the message a reply to a message you had originated or did another user originate it? If you'll let me know the date of the message and who sent it, I can investigate further. One way this can occur is if the original sender of the message deleted it between the time you received the notification and you checked your Inbox.

Originally posted by smithge31419 View Post
      Same thing just happened to me. Got an email notification that I had received a "private" message. Email included a truncated preview. Opened up the message in Message Center... The message is there begging for me to reply, unfortunately, the original message is completely blank (even the truncated preview text is missing). It's in my inbox as a message, just NO content. Help!
      It was me trying to send a message, unfortunately your reply also is showing up blank! Can an admin possibly resolve this?

Comment

• Admin
        Admin commented
        Editing a comment
        It may be because you are new user and were under moderation. If so, it's a bug. I've upgraded your membership to the standard Registered User. Check again in 12 hours and let me know if the message is still blank.
    Working...
    X