How find search and gallery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How find search and gallery?

My home page used to have links to the search and gallery features, but they aren't there any more? How do I get to the search function and the gallery?

David

Hmm. You're not seeing this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Search.png
Views:	56
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	761959
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GallerySearch.png
Views:	49
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	761960
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

No, I am not seeing that. I see a black rectangle with The Organ Forum in white, and a little image of 3 horizontal stripes under the rectangle Above the black rectangle is a changing ad for Facebook and a request to sign up. At the top are dropdowns for Notifications, Messages, and my name.

David

Comment

I have no idea, but the first thing to do is to clear you browser cache. If that doesn't fix it, try a different browser. If that doesn't work then
        1. Go to your User Settings
        2. Click the Account tab
        3. Scroll down to Forum Style
        4. What is it set to?
        5. If it's not set to Use Forum Default, set it there.
        6. Otherwise, set it to any other choice.
        7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and save it.
        8. Close the browser and then open it to the Forum

Any change?
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• davidecasteel
          davidecasteel commented
          Editing a comment
          I did all that and chose "Organ Forum Original" for the style. Closed the browser and came back to the Organ Forum. No change.

• davidecasteel
          davidecasteel commented
          Editing a comment
          I changed the style to "Easy Eyes" and now the little box with 3 horizontal lines is a drop down with choices including the Search and Gallery. I guess I'll leave it that way.

OK, I went back to the "Organ Forum Original" and the drop down also works there now.

How large is your browser window? For some reason, your browser thinks you're on a narrow screen. Open your browser full screen and see how things change.
        -Admin

Allen 965
        Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          The pages on this site are implemented with what is known as a responsive design. This means that the layout, appearance, and in some instances content adapts to the screen it is being displayed on. This is an important feature considering the wide variety of screen configurations found on mobile devices today.

I tried opening the screen width and it did restore what I was accustomed to seeing. I normally (now) use a size that is half a 27" wide-screen monitor, with 2 applications side by side. I guess when my vision started fading I magnified the font, which resized the screen panel, too. I can live with the current situation.

Comment

• Admin
          Admin commented
          Editing a comment
          Zooming up the screen has the same effect as making it more narrow. It decreases the effective width of the display window. For example, if you zoom up to 200% what fits on the screen is half of what it was before -- which is the same as reducing the physical width of the display by half. You did both causing the site to display a more convenient view of things for that resolution.

Rather than zooming up the screen, have you tried the Easy Eyes theme? It uses a larger font size than the default Forum theme.
      Working...
      X