This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leslie 760 euro version relays

hello, my 220v leslie 760 has a blown relay. I cant find them anywhere, any clues?

Re: leslie 760 euro version relays

G'day!</p>

I've just been guided through fixing up my DIY leslie which uses a 710 amp from the UK.</p>

Firstly check out the threads here:</p>

http://organforum.com/forums/thread/85703.aspx</p>

and here:</p>

http://organforum.com/forums/thread/85722.aspx</p>

Download the free 760 service manual from www.captain-foldback.com</p>

and check out whether it's the silicon rectifiers, D6-D9 that seem to be not working, or the relay itself.</p>

The 4Amp rectifiers, or SCRs are similar to the triacs I had to replace. The 200 and 400 voltage ratings are a little low but they'll still serve. I replaced my 400 V with a 600V(PIV: Peak inverse voltage, ie it adds total voltage going both ways)</p>

So do a web search for 4 amp SCRs rated 200 or 400 volts, 600 even. I don't know whether you'd replace the 200 with a higher value or not.</p>

I also haven't seen the 760 amp, so I don't know the case size and type of these SCRs, I know that triacs and transistors all have specific case numbers so you get the right sort, but its not detailed here.</p>

R12, R14, R15 and R17 I understand go between the SCRs and the relays to offer some protection. They burn out if the SCR goes. They're 330 ohm half watt resistors.</p>

As for the Relay itself, do a search for a reed and coil switch that switches roughly on 10V, (the coil is a small electromagnet that pushes the copper reed contacts together to allow the higher voltage through) the one I replaced didn't say whether the reed switch would handle 240V or not. Luckily it did.</p>

There were a bunch of options, I picked the only one that was barrel shaped and would roughly fit into the same space. The rest were boxlike affairs that would have to be connected via extra wiring.</p>

Hope you fix it soon!</p>

Cheers</p>

-Brendon</p>
    -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
    -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
    -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
    -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
    -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

Working...
    X