X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had too many etchings not turn out so hot after putting too much in them. I'm using 3rd prototyping service from now on. I'll pay the $15-$20 for a PCB.

Comment

Wes, Radio Shack has them on its web site http://www.radioshack.com/family/ind...tent=CT2032230 and I presume it would be possible to order them, even from Canada.

David

Comment

I was a staff member at one of the United States premier engineering colleges. We were always looking for new projects and are very well tooled to produce PCBs. If you have a college close by, you may want to contact the head of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.

Comment

Originally posted by cottom View Post
          I was a staff member at one of the United States premier engineering colleges. We were always looking for new projects and are very well tooled to produce PCBs. If you have a college close by, you may want to contact the head of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department.
          What an excellent idea! Thanks for that tip.

Comment

Like CEB above, I've given up on home-made boards... they're fine if you have unlimited time and patience and don't mind less-than-perfect results. But I've found a cheap source at pcbway.com - service is great, and pricing is remarkable. You have to get a minimum of 5 made, but that allows you to mess one or two up, and give some to friends (or sell them in the classified section here!).

Comment

I'll add to the recommendation of using ITEAD for prototypes. I now use Easy-PC, but I had good luck with Dip Trace in the past. Eagle makes me crazy - that's all I'll say about that. I did a ton of perfboard wiring in the past, but my goal in life is never again!

The CNC routers that route out blank PCB material to form a PCB, along with drilling the holes, are intriguing for one-offs.

Comment

Working...
              X